husky screws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chack01

Reaction score
What is the deal with husky screws? When they vibrate loose new ones don't stay in thereafter. I have 3 screws on the top of my 345 that vibrate out at a moment's notice. Does anybody have any fixes that have worked to keep them from vibrating out?

Try a bit of something glue-like that will stay rubbery when it cures. I was thinking of silicone sealant, but that stuff has to dry and since it will be sealed off from the outside world in there, it might not set up. Regular old loctite might be worth a try, but I don't know how it does in plastic.

Ian

Try a good quality automotive silicon it should cure in a day and seems to stick to plastic well. Or as a last resort try hot glue.

Yup, Should of got a stihl ms250, According to saw troll those huskys don't vibrate at all.:D

Yup, Should of got a stihl ms250, According to saw troll those huskys don't vibrate at all.:D

LOL, that was mean. I personally hate the Allen head screws on Huskys or anything else for that matter. Torx head are 10 times better. Best thing that feller could do is go to a Stihl shop and get some Torx screws that fit that Husky and problem is solved. The built in locking grooves on the underside of the head will keep those screws in place. As for they don't vibrate, welp I've had four Husky's come in over the last six months with broken off muffler bolts. Seem they vibrate loose and either break or wear a the hole in the muffler so big the muffler has to be replaced. No biggie, mainly due to operator neglect, never checking his bolts and running the saw with a muffler hanging off it. See alot of old old 056 Stihl's with loose mufflers using Allen head bolts. I always replace them with Torx heads and the problem is solved. More reasons for my hating Allen head screws and bolts.

What is the deal with husky screws? When they vibrate loose new ones don't stay in thereafter. I have 3 screws on the top of my 345 that vibrate out at a moment's notice. Does anybody have any fixes that have worked to keep them from vibrating out?

Read post # 7 and solve the loose screw problem.

only had trouble with one screw on a 55 rancher.

never had a screw come loose on anything else husky.

Latest posts

Back