husky vs stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I go off to work for a few days, come back to check and see if my question got any replies. 12 pages?? I figured I had clicked the wrong button or something. Thanks for the opinions expressed early on!
Turns out the guy am working for is a good guy, says I shouldn't worry about buying a saw, as he doesn't think he's paying me enough to wear out my own saw. So, I'll use his Husky I guess...
Uh, Sap, if I was you bro', I would've sent the other bro' the $300...
Oh, and to the guy on the Big Island - thanks... there is a Stihl dealership in Kahului. I use a shindaiwa weedeater which is pretty good, but I didn't really like the feel of the saws. Sort of like a red Poulan? Don't know of any kiawe distribution on Maui, but I have gotten permits from the sugar company to harvest fence posts and firewood from their lands in the central valley (just ofr my own use).

:sucks:
Please end this tread before it enters the top ten list of treads with most answers.
This is simply :spam:

foodforests said:
Well, I go off to work for a few days, come back to check and see if my question got any replies. 12 pages?? I figured I had clicked the wrong button or something. Thanks for the opinions expressed early on!
Turns out the guy am working for is a good guy, says I shouldn't worry about buying a saw, as he doesn't think he's paying me enough to wear out my own saw. So, I'll use his Husky I guess...
Uh, Sap, if I was you bro', I would've sent the other bro' the $300...
Oh, and to the guy on the Big Island - thanks... there is a Stihl dealership in Kahului. I use a shindaiwa weedeater which is pretty good, but I didn't really like the feel of the saws. Sort of like a red Poulan? Don't know of any kiawe distribution on Maui, but I have gotten permits from the sugar company to harvest fence posts and firewood from their lands in the central valley (just ofr my own use).

So what was this thread about anyway?:biggrinbounce2:

Newfie said:
So what was this thread about anyway?:biggrinbounce2:

Well, Newfie, it was originally an intellegent discussion comparing the top 2 saw brands. Many AS members provided some thoughtful posts on this topic.

The thread was then derailed by a dimented, unhappy individual, who has had a traumatizing experience with a Stihl dealer. He has an interesting username, which kind of reminds me of what happened to several unlucky characters in the Steve McQueen movie, "The Blob", when they got covered and eaten by that red gooy stuff. But this person has such a sour, miserable personality, that it was the goo that died, leaving him to annoy us all.

Just like all of the townsfolk in the movie, we AS members have banded together to combat this menace.

And we sure are havin' a good time doing it!

coveredinsap said:
Thanks but no thanks....I'll have to pass on your 3120. My offer was for a limited time only, and durned if the time ain't r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Sell the saw to someone else, give it to your homies, or just plain sit on it...I really don't care.

Well I'll be damn Sap I can't beleive you would turn down a deal like that only cause I ask ya to admit something you know is true. I won't pester ya over it though. You a tuffer bird than I gave ya credit for, I admire more now. You've stood up to keeping ya pride and you've handled yourself throughout this thread with the utmost grace and dignity, I am profoundly proud of ya. When the going gets tuff the tuff get going and boy you are one tuff ole bird. I admire ya stamia in keeping up with all the boys giving ya a hard time, you stood tall and held your ground. As I looked through the thread and saw how you took shot after shot and yet you remained calm and fought back like a real soldier. Its quite apparent to me now that no one gets the best of Sap. You have become a star on the AS site thanks to me and your uhhhhhhhhhh way of putting things but I won't send ya a bill for my part in making your name known all over the world. You enjoy your celeberty status to the fullest ya hear. I'm gonna make sure you remain famous and long as I'm around ole buddy you will always have a , what is it , yup, a FREND. Ever heard that song Sap, Lean on Me. Well ole buddy as long as you keep puttingup some of those wicked posts about us dealers I'll be right there for you to lean on, ya hear me. Why, cause I'm your FREND. Elvis had a song that went You'll Never Be Alone, ever heard it. Theres another one I'll Be There and my Frend,rest assured I'll be there cause your my FREND........................

I can't belive I read the whole thing...
Hey Thall, I'm your Huckle Berry. I'll send you $300.00 for that 3120 and tell you what a Sap I am. You'll have my word that I will never stick that saw in dirt and I wil clean after ever use. I was going to make my J.D. into a milling saw but my mind can be changed.

manual said:
Hey Thall, I'm your Huckle Berry. I'll send you $300.00 for that 3120 and tell you what a Sap I am. You'll have my word that I will never stick that saw in dirt and I wil clean after ever use. I was going to make my J.D. into a milling saw but my mind can be changed.

haha, I saw that line in a movie one, who was it, Doc Holladay that kept saying I'll be your Huckle Berry, yeah it was him wasn't? Ya know Manual I was using that big ole saw to bait ole Sap into admitting he likes all the fun on here. Durn if he didn't turn me down. I'm still thinking he may fess up yet so for now the saw isn't on the market just yet but I'll keep ya in mind........

manual said:

Hey THALL I'm Slap's Friend do that there count..LOL

04ultra said:
Hey THALL I'm Slap's Friend do that there count..LOL

Welp let me tell ya if you is a Frend of Sap then by Joe your a Frend of mine. If Sap tells me your his Frend then I say we all Frends. We all be just like cornbread and butter, fried chicken and grease or in some cases like ole hogs in slop. Now I know Sap gots alot of Frends on here, like ole Spike, Lakeside, Fishhuntcutwood and a few utters. I see em yakin all da time. You though there Mr. Ultra I'm not so sure Sap considers ya his Frend like he do me and the rest of da boys. No fear though for if he lets me know you be his em Frend then why of course by all means you count 100%. If he say em you his Frend then your in the great company of a man we all call our Frend, the one and only Sap. Tant nobody like him rest assured. Now him probly come in and korrect my spell lin but he only gonna do it fors me cause what, thats right, he's my Frend.................

Lakeside53 said:
Only a true friend would tell you to lay off the (hic) booze, so have one or two for me.:laugh:

gulpppppppppppppppp, ok,lololol

Maybe Sap would loosen up a bit if he caught a good buzz. What do you suppose he drinks? Tanqeray and cranberry juice?

I know I spelled the gin wrong!

spike60 said:
Maybe Sap would loosen up a bit if he caught a good buzz. What do you suppose he drinks? Tanqeray and cranberry juice?

I know I spelled the gin wrong!

Uh, does Napa Valley ring a bell?

Well boys, it's late friday here in the East, and I've been on this dang site every night this week. And almost every day, I've sworn that I wasn't going to spend half the night doing this again. But here I am again. I have laughed myself to tears a bunch of times this week; it's been a blast!

I hope you guys all have a great weekend! Even you Sap.

coveredinsap said:
Uh, does Napa Valley ring a bell?

Well hello Sap, how ya doing ole buddy. Now listen up my frend. If we's is gonna works together sellin saws and such you gotta become alittle more customer freindly. Now that picture ya gots there, the one of da PREFERRED BRAND, can ya at least pell da name right dang ya ole hide. Lake hand me da bottle, Sap done drove me to a drinkin, hic up , burp....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back