Huskys needing Dealer support on Bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manual

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Now I am very confused.
About the rumor going around about Husky saws having a problem with bad bearings and saws blowing up.
What are you dealers seeing that confirms or rejects this issue ?

The only thing that I'm aware of is a problem with the first run of the 575XP's. We haven't seen any problems since the earliest ones, and nothing at all on any other models.

Max said:
Sorry about that but I did not want to potentially mess up BostonBulls post.
We know that the early 575's were prone to bearing failure and subsequently
failed/melted causing a rebuild under warranty. I have it on good authority that the serial range to ID the problem bearings were from start of production to the first four numbers of the serial number 05.12-----. Anything after that has the new bearings and should be OK. Turns out Bulls saw is in the
shall we say, the good serial range above the 05.12----- cut off.
I have a 575 myself and was concerned so I looked into it and hounded Husky until I found that out. I am not a dealer or an expert just a guy who wanted to know about his saw and any potential problems the factory had knowledge of. Again Bulls saw is good according to his number!!!!

bwalker said:
Ben not to be a smart a$$,
Lets see you have not talked about it for a year, But it seems ongoing ?
[/QUOTEI would say its ongoing given the problem has been around since they where introduced.

Not once did I say that the 390 had bearing problems. I did say the 385's in my area do and that I would be leery of the 390 since its based on the 385.
The song and dance Husky is telling everyone about the earlier" 575's being the only ones to have problems is a joke. They are still blowing up and in fact there where two at the local shop when I went yesterday.

I am concerned about these two statements.

Latest posts

Back