HUSQVARNA 141 Chainsaw question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squid327WFD3

Squid327WFD3

ArboristSite Member
i have a chance to get a husky 141 chainsaw for free the only problem is that it has a scored Piston and Cylinder and some melted plastic near the muffler
is it worth taking and buying replacement parts for
i have seen them on ebay for 150-180

Thanks
Dan

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Husky 141

Hey, Squid! .... this is just me talking, but I understand the 141 is made by Poulan, which gives them a bit less value than a full-blooded husky. That said, I hear people say that they get the job done well. I personally have detemined that I'd like to own one for firewood purposes, but I don't think that I would buy a non-running one to fix up. They are not that expensive to begin with, and finding parts would probably eat up any savings you'd gained from buying a compromised saw. Also, I'm not seeing used jugs anywhere... I didn't try the same thing with the 55 (which I really like) because I didn't see used jugs and the new ones are pricey.

I think I've decided that if I'm going to go spend the time and money to fix them up, they'd better have some pizzaz, not to mention a decent pool of used parts! (e.g. 288xp, Stihl 051, etc)

Max

ArboristSite Operative
Hi Dan,

These are simple little saws, Poulans actually. I put two together from a bunch of parts saws. I can't help you with the cost of individual parts involved because the saws I had were wrecked junk saws from Lowes for 25.00 each.
I had enough to make two complete saws though. Your best bet is to go to a dealer and price the parts you need then make your decision.
Where in CT are you? There is a great Husky dealer in Northford CT that I deal with all the time.
Is you saw an E-tech cat. cnvtr. saw? They run very hot.
I actually modded an E-tech muffler on one of the two saws I did and now it runs much cooler. If you need pics to do the same say the word, its pretty easy to do.

Squid327WFD3

Squid327WFD3

ArboristSite Member
I am from the Waterbury/Wolcott Area

i have 2 husky dealers near me that are about 10 mins away
RPM in Prospect and Wolcott Power Equipment right down the road from me

Gota Love Lowes my closest one is in Plainville bout 30 mins away

superman_36

superman_36

ArboristSite Operative
i got a free 136 and it needed the same piston and cylinder i got a complete engine off of ebay for 35.00 shipped to my door and put it together in 45 mins
the parts are out there you might have to look a little but you will find them
Thanks
ERIK KING