Husqvarna 162 chassis Protecting and Repair cups, 501680801 & 501531801

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktighe

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
While studying the IPLs I keep seeing "Protecting" and "Repair" cups, 501680801 & 501531801 under the AV buffers. Does anyone know what they are, and what their purpose is?ProtectingCup.JPG

While studying the IPLs I keep seeing "Protecting" and "Repair" cups, 501680801 & 501531801 under the AV buffers. Does anyone know what they are, and what their purpose is?
The steel inserts limit movement (predominantly the upper rear) and protect the alloy tank from wear and/or cracking (at the front).
Plastic tanks are inherently more durable.

"Hotel Guest" Thanks for the info! I've got two 162SEs with alloy handles. Were they standard on any of the 61,66,266,268,272 saws with plastic handles? When you say at the front, do you mean the front buffer mounts or the front of the rear buffer mounts? I'm grateful for helpful people like you on this site.

Are you referring to the chain brake handle.All 162 were metal also metal tanks .Early 266 the same later 266 plastic tank plastic anti vibe.The plastic tank was an improvement but the plastic flags used to melt at times.
Kask

"Hotel Guest" Thanks for the info! I've got two 162SEs with alloy handles. Were they standard on any of the 61,66,266,268,272 saws with plastic handles? When you say at the front, do you mean the front buffer mounts or the front of the rear buffer mounts? I'm grateful for helpful people like you on this site.
I can only comment on Australian-built saws.
We only sold the cups as a spare part. No saws left the building with them fitted.
I don't remember any complaints about weak mounts or metal tanks eroded by the mounts but I came on board when the 162 was being replaced by the 266 so I may have missed earlier remarks.
Main "complaint" our sales reps got at the time was "the 266 would never be as good as the 162", which ultimately didn't turn out to be true.

I meant the front buffer mounts.

One of the 162 metal tanks needs serious cleaning. I worry about damaging it by using too harsh a solvent. Does anyone understand how the two halves were bonded? Is there a risk that I might dissolve whatever it is that holds them together?

Latest posts

Back