• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 181se and Husqvarna 272xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran strong. Cranked right up last week after sitting for awhile . I can't say for sure how they used it but I suspect it wasn't used a whole lot since there's not a whole lot of big wood in my area probably just used occasionally for bucking big oaks around here. The 268 runs but the piston is showing some scratching I would assume from carbon. It runs strong but I don't think it would hurt to pull cylinder and check for sure to make sure things aren't going awry. I'll get pictures and compression numbers and video of it running tomorrow. Honestly I haven't decided on a number so we'll just see what you will give once I get the pictures up. I'm about to leave for work right now. I'm also probably about to let go of an early 12mm 044. Just too many saws sitting around not being used.

Saw a new post on this and was hoping someone had bought the 181. It has been calling to me for a couple of days.

Yeah, me too, Marti. That 181 would go nicely with my 2100CD. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I just got a nice 038 Mag a couple weeks ago, so I'm done buying saws for a little bit... BUMP....

Thanks Roger. I cant wait until my 288 makes its back from Georgia Neal said its an absolute monster. That series of husky is one of my favorites for sure.

Sent down to be rebuilt and completely gone through since I was so back logged. I believe he deleted base gasket and opened up muffler and that's all. He may have done more I'm not sure. He says it's north of 200psi compression so I'm looking forward to running that monster.

Sent down to be rebuilt and completely gone through since I was so back logged. I believe he deleted base gasket and opened up muffler and that's all. He may have done more I'm not sure. He says it's north of 200psi compression so I'm looking forward to running that monster.
who did you use to do the work and how much $ did it cost ?

Neal Murphy AS username nmurph. I sent two project saws with mine for him to keep so I can't really give you a dollar figure plus he deserves a big tip because he's been working on it even though is recovering from surgery. And the saw has been a pain in the butt.

...He says it's north of 200psi compression so I'm looking forward to running that monster.

Technically, I said that when I built the last non-decomp base gasket delete I quit pulling the rope at 190psi bc I couldn't hold it down, pull it, and keep the gauge from flopping around like a chicken with its head cut off and I think this one is stiffer. Yeah, I'm guessing its probably north of 200...this is one stout saw to be mostly stock.

Yep, this saw has challenged my patience a time or six. But perseverance has this one hopping all over the bench.

Latest posts

Back