• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 181SE Parts Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Grice

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a husqvarna 272 (I think) parts saw up for sale. Would someone please confirm for me it's a 272. The muffler bracket appears to be from that series of saws, the intake style as well, along with an outboard clutch and a 52mm bore.

The jug and piston actually look alright but compression feels low just by spinning the flywheel, may need rings.

Carb flywheel, coil, clutch, and handle are all accounted for as you see. Not really interested in building her myself. Make me a fair offer plus actual shipping.

20150819_191908.jpg 20150819_191900.jpg 20150819_191852.jpg 20150819_190329.jpg 20150819_190312.jpg

That's a 181SE. The 61-272 series didn't use that ignition style (with the coil by the carb). Also has the early style throttle arm (which is why I think it's a 181 rather than a 281). 181 and 281 both have a 52mm bore. Black handlebar covering is more likely to be on a 181 rather than a 281 too. Thin rings were only original in the 181 (in this series anyways) but a thin ring slug could have been swapped into a 281 of course. The 272 was the only 52mm bore saw in the 162-272 series, and they had thick rings.

Check out the muffler. Looks like there's a mud dauber nest in there (at least from what I can see in the pic..........something's in there). Clutch has been replaced. That 3-spring clutch is the current replacement for the obsolete 'garter spring' clutch. Late 288's and all 394/295XP saws came with that 3 spring clutch that a 181, 281, or early 288 would have been equipped with. If somebody's gonna rebuild that saw they'll either need to scare up some hard to find thin rings or just use a Meteor 281 piston (which has thick rings).

Yea, I guess I should have seen the thin rings! I reckon I'll have to pass! I was going to put the intake and cylinder on my dad's 61.

MY Bad!:D

Eccentric,
Thanks for clearing that up for me, title has been changed. Certainly done want to sell somebody one thing when they think they are getting another.

Really don't need a 4th one[emoji16]

How wore is the piston skirt?

20150820_193539.jpg 20150820_193723.jpg Best I can do on my phone. My galaxy s2 had a macro mode that did great with crap like this. Galaxy s5 either doesn't have it or I can't find it.

Yeah I'd put a new piston (Meteor) in that one. I JUST got a nice 181SE runner. Don't need another one. Still...........this is tempting...

I tried to talk Kevin out of it, until I heard it was you Aaron. Then everything started coming together! So first it was the orange badged husky bar! Then the 181 runner! After that being said, be prepared with our conversation about parts! Bbbbbwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Bbbbbwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Be afraud, very afraid! Lol!

Jk!

Dang boys the way you talk about this thing your making me want to build it haha. But I have other projects.. trying to fund my 365/372 and eventually an 036.. willing to do trades on parts or parts saws for either of those.

Shells, the saw is as pictured, no top cover, no recoil, and no clutch cover. Also lacking an air filter. The muffler has also been hacked on but if a man had a side exiting MM planned then it should work out just fine.

I tried to talk Kevin out of it, until I heard it was you Aaron.
Jk!

:laugh: yeah shame on you. :cheers:

I could have sold that saw local a couple of times for almost 2.5 times what I sold it for. ;) What I had in it no more.

Sometimes it isnt about the money :envy: lining the pockets like so many do here. But taking care of good folks and passing something onto them that they are looking for. :rock:

Back