Husqvarna 185cd project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamMann

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Might pick one up as a project; looking for a bit of input if possible. Firstly, would 285cd top end kits fit the 185cd? What about a 298 top end? Any others? I think those all have a 40mm piston stroke.

Also, it has a cracked handle. It's a pistol-grip style part, not the type that's one piece w/ the tank assembly. Assuming that'd be cast magnesium alloy & non-repairable? Would probably just have to wait till one comes up on Ebay.

185 and 285 would be direct interchange, but the 1100/2100/298/2101 99CC top end is a direct bolt on as well.
I believe you could interchange the entire tank with a one piece unit from the other saws on the chassis if finding the handle piece proves difficult.

Might pick one up as a project; looking for a bit of input if possible. Firstly, would 285cd top end kits fit the 185cd? What about a 298 top end? Any others? I think those all have a 40mm piston stroke.

Also, it has a cracked handle. It's a pistol-grip style part, not the type that's one piece w/ the tank assembly. Assuming that'd be cast magnesium alloy & non-repairable? Would probably just have to wait till one comes up on Ebay.
Mag is weldable

185 and 285 would be direct interchange, but the 1100/2100/298/2101 99CC top end is a direct bolt on as well.
I believe you could interchange the entire tank with a one piece unit from the other saws on the chassis if finding the handle piece proves difficult.
good to know, much appreciated!!

Latest posts

Back