Husqvarna 235-e series Stops When Idling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been There Twice

Reaction score
I own a Husqvarna 235 e-series that has been repaired with the following new parts. New Zama #586936202 carb, new Purge and Line assembly, new spark plug, new fuel filter and hose, new air filter and filter plate (gasket), good clean gas and correct oil ratio mixture, here's the problem. No problem in starting the saw, and it runs great....high speed and when cutting. However, sometimes (not all the time) is will stop (die) when "idling" mode. Once that happen, I can pull the starter cord and it will start right up. No more than one pull or two at the most.
I've gone through all the necessary parts that I can think of that may be the cause, but, so for I can't find the problem.
Any ideas where else I may look?

Thanks,

Fred

You may need to increase your base idle adjustment(T screw), or adjust the L(ow) screw on the carb. You will need to get a screwdriver for the spline screws on the carb to do the L adjustment. They are all over Amazon/ebay/etc.

Maybe I should have explained first that I'm a old (very old) chainsaw man. I go back using chainsaws in early 1950's. In fact, I works as a teenager...age 19 at the 'Mono' mfg. plant in Springfield, Mo assembling that old chainsaw. I know how to ajust the carburetor settings on chainsaws having own and still have six old models from Mono, McColloch Clinton, Homelite, Husqvarna, and Stihl.
I'm thinking it may be the gasket, diaphragm that needs replacing. With that I just buy a EB-149 rebuild kit for the carb. Go from there and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back