Husqvarna 242

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandy14

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I found one of these saws in the "junk section" at a saw dealer. Does anybody know if parts are available, new and/or used? I don't know whats wrong with it, but it looks complete except the right side cover, but suspect the worse, piston/cylinder, bearings, etc. Also I would be interested to know what parts it might share with other Husky saws.

Parts are still available for the 242. That is a very special saw that many people wish they could get their hands on. Doesn't belong in the "junk" section!

it indeed is a great saw, 15,000 rpm in a 42cc package... pretty lightweight and basicly it lasts forever (mine´s around ~17 years old and runnign strong)..

Hi Blis,

welcome to the forum.
nice to have another european on here !
the 242 is indeed a great saw. In europe, you can still get hold of part on ebay. can't comment though for the us.
roland

The 242xp was the peak of the 133-family (133se, 234se, 238se, 242se, 42, 42 special, 242xp and 246.

It was eventually replaced by the 346xp in 1999.

belgian said:
Hi Blis,

welcome to the forum.

roland
Ditto!

belgian said:
Hi Blis,

welcome to the forum.
the 242 is indeed a great saw. In europe, you can still get hold of part on ebay. can't comment though for the us.
roland
Roland;
All 242 parts are still available in the US. I just got some rewind springs for a guy who has 2 of them under the bench just sitting there neglected.

Husky has to be given high marks for keeping parts around quite a few years after a saw has been discontinued.

That's good to know that parts are still available. I think i will go ahead and pick that saw up. I can get it real cheap, less than $20.00. Hopefully I will get lucky and it's only a bad piston/cylinder. I do know the clutch is missing, and maybe a few other parts on that side. Sounds like a good project and a desirable saw.

Latest posts

Back