• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Husqvarna 242XP for Stihl MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallfarmboy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I would like to offer my 242XP up for trade... I really have one saw in mind, I want a Stihl MS361. I just don't ever use this 242 as much as it should be. It is the quickest revving saw that I have ever heard. I widened the intake and exhaust ports just a little bit on it, but have yet to muffler mod it. I just never figured out what style of mod I would like.
The cylinder does have a slight scratch above the exhaust port, nothing deep, just wanted to let you know.
The saw has a brand new loop of Oregon chain on it, bar is very usable. Muffler is probably not the exact one that came on the saw, but it's a perfect fit. Plastic is in decent shape, no cracks, a few scratches, maybe slightly faded. There is a PO's name scratched into the base of the saw. It has a new flock style filter on it. New clutch and flywheel side seals. The saw had a scored cylinder when I got it due to bad seals. I cleaned up the cylinder, ported, and installed a new piston.
I really don't want to put a price on the saw, because I would rather do some trading. If you are interested, I will gladly take some more detailed pictures, and post a video of the saw running, as well as compression test readings. I would gladly cover a little difference in value with some Paypal.
Heck, I could probably run the saw over to Hedgerow's and he could verify everything.

Holler if you are interested... mainly in trading.
20131215_195558[1].jpg
20131215_195616[1].jpg
20131215_195638[1].jpg
20131215_195720[1].jpg
20131215_195738[1].jpg
Thanks!

Tallfarmboy

Latest posts

Back