• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 242XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was in my shed today and found this.I bought it a couple years ago from computerguy or someone like that that on this site.I cleaned and clear coated the top cover,clutch cover and recoil cover as per Brad.I installed a Meteor piston which is not windowed like the stock one.Will include used stock windowed piston which is in very good condition.I also opened up the muffler with a straight pipe.I have the chain brake which will be included.I put on a new bar and chain which is 13 inch and as big as I think should be on a 42cc saw.I was going to get this saw ported but had my 346xp done instead.The 242XP 8-16-2018 004.JPG saw runs excellent and everything works on it.You can see the D on the top of the new piston.I did not cut any wood with this saw.I have no compression tester and the cylinder is very good.Make a reasonable offer plus $20.00 shipping.Thanks,Craig
242XP 8-16-2018 005.JPG
242XP 8-16-2018 001.JPG
242XP 8-16-2018 003.JPG

I could look back and see what I paid for it but I am too lazy.I also put on new decals.I can put a screen on the muffler if want to.I don't know why I put that hot stuff on the head,maybe late one night.I am going to say $220.00 shipped than to the lower 48.Is that out of the park?Not many of these around and it is a pro-saw.Craig

I think that is the guy compteruser.I put new pistons in everything because I am anal.I have an engine on my kitchen table right now it cost me $500.00 for pistons but it is 44 years old and not for a chain saw.Craig.

1974 TWISTER PARTS 8-14-2018 001.JPG

I was just thinking why did I send a new saw to Scott and lose my warranty and have him take a new carb off of it and put on a bigger used one.

I am not trying to teach here I am selling and if you are not buying than flock off dumb ass.I don't care if I sell this or not.Can put it on e-bay.This is why I stopped being on this site,it is turning into book face.And my name is not sir.
I just asked questions anyone vetting your saw would. I'm not sure what I did to flip that switch but I am no longer interested. Have a good day whatever you'd prefer to be called.

Hhmm never has been to me and I don't see in here that he was.just asked simple question.ill leave it at that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Computeruser is a good egg - I traded some parts with him many years ago.
Agree. He and I have done a couple face to face deals. I feel a little guilty @ing him to this dumpster fire though.

The saw is sold fellas, we should let this lie. Hopefully OP changes the title to reflect the sale soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back