• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 257

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axlerod74

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
1997 Husqvarna 257 (57cc). Starts easy, runs very well and oils well also. Piston and cylinder are in great shape. Compression is 145 psi. This saw is original with a new oregon rim drive (3/8). These have a nice big air filter, and a grease through crank shaft to allow you to grease the sprocket bearing by the tip of the shaft. Decompression valve, and adjustable oiler. Only minor cosmetic issues: plastic fin broke out of starter cover and a couple others with small cracks but there. Small chip broke out of kill switch but switch functions fine and easy to replace. Small crack (1 inch) at bottom right corner of clutch cover but it is metal and does not affect function. Everything works well and it is ready to cut. Good dependable firewood saw. Asking $250.00 PHO-shipped in USA only. US Postal money order preferred. Feel free to PM with any questions.DSC_2067.JPG DSC_2070.JPG DSC_2064.JPG DSC_2065.JPG DSC_2066.JPG DSC_2068.JPG DSC_2069.JPG DSC_2072.JPG

Wow, excellent firewood saw for someone. Nicely priced too. We use to keep a 257xp in the skidder for a knock around saw, never failed us. I thought there was a new member looking for a saw. If I can remember who it was I will be sure to point him towards this saw. GLWS, it shouldn't last long.

Wow, excellent firewood saw for someone. Nicely priced too. We use to keep a 257xp in the skidder for a knock around saw, never failed us. I thought there was a new member looking for a saw. If I can remember who it was I will be sure to point him towards this saw. GLWS, it shouldn't last long.
The 257 is not an xp. It has an open port cylinder. Still a good firewood saw...

Latest posts

Back