Husqvarna 262xpg muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luuk Cornelissen

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello people, im from Holland and im new on this forum so please correct me if im doing something wrong. My English is not very good so sorry for that.
Now my question, i bought a 262xpg that had a siezed piston/cilinder. I did rebuild it almost completely, new bearings seals etc. But the cilinder is on its way so nothing to do in mean time. I was thinking of modding the muffler and polish the cilinderports. I did read something on this forum about muffler mods but it isnt all clear to me yet. I have this muffler with a small pipe not the one with the spark screen. Enyone on this forum that has done a mod like this?

Ask this over in the saw forum and you'll get more help

Hello people, im from Holland and im new on this forum so please correct me if im doing something wrong. My English is not very good so sorry for that.
Now my question, i bought a 262xpg that had a siezed piston/cilinder. I did rebuild it almost completely, new bearings seals etc. But the cilinder is on its way so nothing to do in mean time. I was thinking of modding the muffler and polish the cilinderports. I did read something on this forum about muffler mods but it isnt all clear to me yet. I have this muffler with a small pipe not the one with the spark screen. Enyone on this forum that has done a mod like this?
Welcome. Yes post this in the chainsaw section and you will get answers. Your English is great, many here have spoken English their entire life and do not do as good as you.

Back