Husqvarna 266SE Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 630 has that style carb, I thought about putting in on my 266. Is the 630 carb smaller? Would that carb choke up the 266?

That would depend on what carb your 630 had as they had several......the early ones had the 218 which had a small bore......a 225 or 256 would run a 266 better. A carb from a 670 would be best suited but would require some modification to work.

That would depend on what carb your 630 had as they had several......the early ones had the 218 which had a small bore......a 225 or 256 would run a 266 better. A carb from a 670 would be best suited but would require some modification to work.
what about the 216 a carb from an early 181se? big venturi

Mine had a scored 48mm P&C when I got it. I found a pristine used 50mm P&C. I'm using the old intake, carb, filter assy, which fit fine. Compression is over 170. I think I put a carb kit in when I got, can't remember. Not really looking to switch intake, carb and filter. It just doesn't seem to want idle no matter what. I'm still tinkering with it. I might figure it out.

Mine had a scored 48mm P&C when I got it. I found a pristine used 50mm P&C. I'm using the old intake, carb, filter assy, which fit fine. Compression is over 170. I think I put a carb kit in when I got, can't remember. Not really looking to switch intake, carb and filter. It just doesn't seem to want idle no matter what. I'm still tinkering with it. I might figure it out.
Have you done a vacuum test? How is the tank vent?

Latest posts

Back