Husqvarna 288 For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retoocs555

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I believe this is a 288 but the ID tag is missing. I haven't checked it out at all yet, just picked it up this morning. If it runs and works good $255 and that will include the bar and chain. If the piston and cyl don't have much compression, or saw won't run after I look it over, $125 powerhead only.

attachment.php

155 psi compression, piston is clean through exhaust port. Starts and runs, good. Oiler etc. work.

The main problem was a clogged up muffler, which I cleaned out an now she runs good.

retoocs555 said:
I believe this is a 288 but the ID tag is missing. I haven't checked it out at all yet, just picked it up this morning. If it runs and works good $255 and that will include the bar and chain. If the piston and cyl don't have much compression, or saw won't run after I look it over, $125 powerhead only.

attachment.php

Does it have a decompressor?

Rick

Rick, I was thinking about building a cheater saw too, but the giveaway is that the 288 has a decomp valve and the 181 doesn't, so you are SOL
However, all is not lost you can get an 056 Magnum and simply tear the decal off, like Tommy Fales does.
John

I could always send my jug to us chrome and have it punched out!!!!

Like everybodys doing with there 385s.

Rick

Gypo Logger said:
Rick, I was thinking about building a cheater saw too, but the giveaway is that the 288 has a decomp valve and the 181 doesn't, so you are SOL
However, all is not lost you can get an 056 Magnum and simply tear the decal off, like Tommy Fales does.
John

No, Decomp. So, it's a 181?

I have used lots of 288xp saws, one of my very favorite. Some of them do not have a decomp valve, used one. The 181 has a steel brake and so do, I believe some 288s. The brake could have been changed though.

clearance said:
I have used lots of 288xp saws, one of my very favorite. Some of them do not have a decomp valve, used one. The 181 has a steel brake and so do, I believe some 288s. The brake could have been changed though.

I'm pretty sure the brake is original. Does the 181 have the big spring in the front? This saw does.

Latest posts

Back