Husqvarna 288XP - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 288 is probably the last saw husky made with no compromises. Good compression, pretty aggressive timing, not much outlet restriction. Besides not being quad port, it is otherwise very modern. I really like mine, but I love my 385

Ahhh!!! I hadn't noticed, lol. I also need new screws for the recoil. Top and bottom screws are different. I also need a couple bolts for the handle. Looks like another order is required.
i would buy it back if you wished to sell it-since i sold it to you would you consider giving me first right of refusal/acceptance to purchase if you decided to sell it? thanks! roger collins

What's up with the carb tuning on this thing? It will idle with the L needle all the way in. It's currently about 5/8 out, and the H is 1 1/8 out. It's plenty rich and turning about 12,500. I have no idea what spec is.
I'm digging up an older thread here to ask if you've messed with that carb anymore. I recently got a nice 288xp with a tillotson 283B carb which almost runs fat with the low needle all the way seated.It runs and cuts but the tune just doesn't seem very consistent. The needle tip looks good so I don't think it was mashed down onto the seat. I'm thinking maybe a leaking welch plug. I have a kit ordered for it and hopefully it comes with the welch plug. Oh, and very nice saw btw.

I'm digging up an older thread here to ask if you've messed with that carb anymore. I recently got a nice 288xp with a tillotson 283B carb which almost runs fat with the low needle all the way seated.It runs and cuts but the tune just doesn't seem very consistent. The needle tip looks good so I don't think it was mashed down onto the seat. I'm thinking maybe a leaking welch plug. I have a kit ordered for it and hopefully it comes with the welch plug. Oh, and very nice saw btw.
I have not. This one is a shelf queen now.

That's one cherry 288! Did you ever port it, Brad?
I did not. I have a user to build that I will eventually port.

Ummm... VERY nice saw, and it does sound awesome... Is this abomination a 288? It might need a little bit of polish don't ya think?

20150813_220300sm.jpg

Back