Husqvarna 298XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky288XP

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Whats the story behind the Husky 298? I guess it was replaced by the 2100, did anyone ever use a 298?

the 298 was made for a couple years , the husky dealer had 2 in last week. It was made to be a lighter 2100 cause the motor was pretty much the same thing , it was a good saw but not one of the nicest to start and if you had started one with good compression you would know what I mean :)

My 288 is that way, it will rip the pull cord right out of your hand. No decomp button.

No , Marcel made some but the 2100 was the saw , the 298 had a smaller rewind pulley so not as nice of saw to cold start. But I am sure like anything you can make a bigger pulley work

Husky288XP said:
My 288 is that way, it will rip the pull cord right out of your hand. No decomp button.

steve must be feeling like a big boy today........or at least 10cc's bigger. he must be thinking about changing his name to husky298. only 20cc's more to go.

Come on Stevie You know you love it, you are going to have to get a 090 then the guys might leave you alone, I said might

If you want to become the Stud Muffin you always wanted to be get Dennis to build you a 500 Honda and use it in the tree, now I want the video of that :eek:

I don't want to be the Stud Muffin, thats what Gypo is for. More like the young, quite, and intelligent fellow standing in the background.

Steve yes you are young, but how in the h@ll do you think you are Quiet, man you can talk a mile a minute so unless someone has red greens secret weapon it will never happen

Jeez Ed,
I though I was quite compared to Rich and Hunter. I just sit there with a stop watch in my hand.

Steve it would be a blast to sit off to the side and watch and listen to you when you are drunk, I am sure there would be thing said that most people would bust a gut over, Rich and Hunter are different lest leave that alone ok

Or when we went to cut that Beech in Russ' back 40. I remember measuring logs and loading them into the tractor, while you and Hunter were talkin like two old church ladies. :laugh:

Sorry Steve you must have me confussed with someone else, I can remember cutting the beech to length and Hunter and me loading them into the tractor bucket that Woodland was driving, were you drunk then ?

Latest posts

Back