Husqvarna 32 top handle (made by SOLO)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of each. Presently they are both non-runners. The Husky is all metal and the Solo is mostly plastic, otherwise they are nearly identical. I'll try to post pics today. I myself, have been curious as to who made what. I would think that the all metal Husky would be older.

The Husky is missing the boot/cover for the adjusters

The Solo is missing the air filter cover. That's all one piece on the Husky.

Attachments

• Husky 32 & Solo 631 011.JPG
    Husky 32 & Solo 631 011.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Husky 32 & Solo 631 012.JPG
    Husky 32 & Solo 631 012.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Husky 32 & Solo 631 013.JPG
    Husky 32 & Solo 631 013.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 68
The husky was a solo 600 which is just a older version of the solo the original solo's were the same color as the husky as well

I like the look of the Husky better, r the fuel and oil caps the same?
I'll take a look tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that the Solo has a fully functional chain brake. The Husky looks like it could be fitted with one but it doesn't look like it's ever been there.

The Stihl 015 tophandle looks the same
Same cc, but looks totally different, buddy. The 015 is actually a miniature REAR handle. I have an 011avt (top handle), but it's different. I'm not familiar with the other Stihl top handles.

I'll try to post pics today. I myself, have been curious as to who made what.
3ce6.jpg

That would have to be the one that Sawfun spoke of. It's not the same, but it's very similar. The odd thing is, when I did a search on the 015, in response to Sawfun's post, I came up with a completely different version with a rear handle. You state that this one is a 015R, do you know what the "R" stands for? The "T" in the 011AVT model designates "top handle".

That would have to be the one that Sawfun spoke of. It's not the same, but it's very similar. The odd thing is, when I did a search on the 015, in response to Sawfun's post, I came up with a completely different version with a rear handle. You state that this one is a 015R, do you know what the "R" stands for? The "T" in the 011AVT model designates "top handle".
I have no idea what the R stands for.
I do know by looking it up online that the first 015 top handle came out in 1973.
The Solo 600 didn't come out until 1976.

Back