• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 345 project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy had a pretty nice boat but I am not sure what type of fishing he did. I helped him with a old "chuck and duck" chipper he was having issues with. I live right on the Mississippi and my grandfather was a commercial fisherman here. He fished up until the mid 1980's Of course our fishing is quite different. It is basically all gone now as the mercury level in the water is too high. There used to be clamming here but that is gone. The water is so muddy you cannot see your hands in front of you. They would dive and just go by feel picking up the clams. The re was also a bit of drug trade associated with clamming here due to the nature of what the clams were used for. That pretty much ended it.

Pearl seed
Years ago it was to make buttons from and we had two large button companies here. Of course later as you said they were for pearl seed but unfortunately that trade also had a sideline business for some here.

Years ago it was to make buttons from and we had two large button companies here. Of course later as you said they were for pearl seed but unfortunately that trade also had a sideline business for some here.

Would you mind explaining that? I'm just asking out of curiosity, as I know nothing about that industry and am curious how it is associated with the drug trade.

Would you mind explaining that? I'm just asking out of curiosity, as I know nothing about that industry and am curious how it is associated with the drug trade.
No problem. Once again I can only speak to the trade here not elsewhere. One of the big clam brokers here was trading the shells to a Chinese source. They were apparently being paid from China in opiates. It was always funny to see there facility surrounded by chain link fence and razor wire with auto gates. They had more security than a small prison. The broker then paid workers in minor amounts of opiates. There is a 80 acre farm at the west end of mine that was a "clam gut dump" The clam meats are a waste product and hard to get rid off. The broker would pay some guys a minimal amount in drugs to "make them disappear" They brought them out here by the truck loads and dumped them. What a rotten stench!!!! It expanded to where they were selling drugs from the farm and running a small chop shop. They stole my 4 wheeler, my cousins 4 wheeler, and my Dad's boat. The entire operation came to an end around 1990-91 and I believe federal prison sentences were handed down.

Bill if you find a clutch cover that look like this im in the market 154se 254se thanks
IMG_20230916_124913.jpgIMG_20230916_124755.jpg
IMG_20230916_124738.jpg

yup i hear you maybe the next truck load will tern one up
thanks Bill

So there was nothing in the ones I had listed that would work?
its hard to say you might have one thats close but not a "match". i think some if the later iterations of the 254 series work but the tabs fit on the saw handle end is not exact. a clutch cover/brake for a 154/254 will show up eventually. you had a parts saw in that serise a year or so back. one will tern upagain

its hard to say you might have one thats close but not a "match". i think some if the later iterations of the 254 series work but the tabs fit on the saw handle end is not exact. a clutch cover/brake for a 154/254 will show up eventually. you had a parts saw in that serise a year or so back. one will tern upagain
If I had it a year ago chances are I still have it. Can you post a link?

I Don’t See Any Clutch Covers That Fit The 257 In Your Thread,If You Run Across One Please Ket Me Know ,Part # Is 503 70 42 -01,Thank You

You said I had a parts saw with the right cover. Can you find the thread were I listed it, heck I probably still have the saw

If you see him bring it to market, drop me a hint.
Hello,
I spoke with him this evening and sent you a PM. I am sure you folks will get a great deal going which is exactly what this site was founded on. :)
Bill

Latest posts

Back