Husqvarna 346 OE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,ve never heard of the OE nor do I know what it means, but I'd suspect it's worth buying at that price.
John

It isn`t called the Old Edition from Husqvarna, but since it isn`t the New Edition" it must be old :greenchainsaw:

The specs are something like 45cc, 3,4 Hp.

I,ve never heard of the OE nor do I know what it means, but I'd suspect it's worth buying at that price.
John

OE is used (incorrectly really) about the 45cc ones, vs the New Edition (NE) 50cc ones. The new version has more power, but less max rpm + a few other differenses. The changes were made around mid 2007.

Some still prefer the 45cc ones for limbing.

The original 45cc version still are sold in Japan, btw.

Last edited:
OE is usued (incorrectly really) about the 45cc ones, vs the New Edition (NE) 50cc ones. The new version has more power, but less max rpm + a few other differenses. The changes were made around mid 2007.

excactly :clap: But what do you think about it?

In our 50cc saw comparison, it was the second strongest saw, second only to the NE version. It was stronger than both a 260 and 5100. If you don't want it, I might be interested.

i am sure you will find it to expensive, the price tag i Denmark is quite high.
:chainsaw:

To the OP, it sounds worthwhile, but not a steal, but I'm not familiar with the Denmark saw market.

A new 346 xp NE is around $450 here...I'd consider an original edition 346xp for probably $200-$250 if it were in good shape.

I just picked up a new edition 346 XP NE for less than half of new...looks like it's been around the block a few times though. Not too many but, you know, wasn't a shelf queen.

Eeek that's $540 USD. Relative to the 346 NE ($1200+) that's a good deal though.

Seems to me that it would be very attractive for you to order your saws from over here!

I REALLY want to know who makes the money over there to begin with, whether husky is getting more, whether the dealer is getting more, distributor??? Where does an extra $600 go??

Never tried the new 50cc 346's, I guess my 5100 fills that void. I'd buy another 346OE in heartbeat, I know I've put allot of hours on mine. Seems whatever job large or small the 346 always comes along. If you do get it you definitely have to open the muffler a bit or you won't be happy with the power. Stay clear of running 3/8 chain even after you muffler mod it. The XPG is nice in sub zero weather. The heated grips actually get uncomfortably hot after a while, but I guess that is due to the high winding 45cc.

Be aware of pro-use

First of all nice to see one more Dane here:clap:

Be aware that a 346xpg in Denmark is most likely to have been used by a pro - every day and all day. The 346xp, 357xp and 372/576xp's are standard saws for most pro's here. It is common praxis for them to use their saws for two years, clean them up and sell them. If there is something wrong with it then spare parts are also extremely expensive here.

If you are going to use the saw as a firewood saw then I think the OE is a bit too weak for bucking and I would prefer the NE.

If it is for limbing then you won't find a faster saw. As mentioned earlier in this thread the OE is a high rpm screamer - and it is lighter than the NE.

Forget about importing a saw from the US - that is to expensive because of import duty and taxes. Don't ask me how I know:censored:

The best thing to do if you want a brand new NE is importing it from England. No taxes because it is inside the EU and the price is approx. £500 (4500dkr).

Oh and one more thing. The OE is not without power. This swedish guy is using one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ3kDa0JUWo&feature=related

Stay safe

Last edited:
To the OP, it sounds worthwhile, but not a steal, but I'm not familiar with the Denmark saw market.

A new 346 xp NE is around $450 here...I'd consider an original edition 346xp for probably $200-$250 if it were in good shape.

I just picked up a new edition 346 XP NE for less than half of new...looks like it's been around the block a few times though. Not too many but, you know, wasn't a shelf queen.

A new 346 NE is $700 at the dealer here in canada........:(

Latest posts

Back