Husqvarna 346 XP or 359 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magiriano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK,
After more than 2 days of extensive search,I finally found a dealer that will ship Int`l and has both the 346 XP - $425 and 359 - $449 also the 350 at $329 .
No Dolmar in sight and I really want the Husqvarna anyways.
Which one is better for the buck?

Last edited:
OK,
After more than 2 days of extensive search,I finally found a dealer that will ship Int`l and has both the 346 XP - $425 and 359 - $449 also the 350 at $329 .
I see you are not shopping in Calgary! I myself would go for the 359 it would be better if it was a 2159 no bent handle on it. Is that the new 346xp? My reason the 2159/359 is a prov en design the new 346 is not plus there is no replacement for displacement. If you plan to mod that saw a simple muffler mod works great.Ported you will be so impressed you will need a 70cc saw to beet it.

346 XP vs 359

No.actually in a previous thread that I didn`t mentioned here,I said that I now live in Romania where I bought an acreage and I am developing a Camping Site with little cabins and RV parking.
So,what I am looking for is a chainsaw made in European Union (no Duty Fees) light weight and fast,tough.
I will be cuttting oak,and ash,walnut,cherry wood, with dimensions between 6''-20'' and just ocasionally some bigger 30'' around.
I also need this tool for framing,roofing,concrete forms,etc.While I am not much of a woodsman I love carpentry and construction projects and a chainsaw always comes handy whenever the power is down or the angle difficult for the skillsaw or I`m just lazy to unroll 150' of cable....
So, again,I am not really a mod fan,although I did a lot of tunning on my cars before, so this could open a new hobby?! My wife would love that....me outside all day:greenchainsaw:
I need something light weight and really fast to rip in my building projects and also to cut all the firewood for my wood stove heating.
Not really a plastics fan and really like anything that`s professional when it comes to tools.
Again,346xp(not the new one) or 359 ?

No.actually in a previous thread that I didn`t mentioned here,I said that I now live in Romania where I bought an acreage and I am developing a Camping Site with little cabins and RV parking.
So,what I am looking for is a chainsaw made in European Union (no Duty Fees) light weight and fast,tough.
I will be cuttting oak,and ash,walnut,cherry wood, with dimensions between 6''-20'' and just ocasionally some bigger 30'' around.
I also need this tool for framing,roofing,concrete forms,etc.While I am not much of a woodsman I love carpentry and construction projects and a chainsaw always comes handy whenever the power is down or the angle difficult for the skillsaw or I`m just lazy to unroll 150' of cable....
So, again,I am not really a mod fan,although I did a lot of tunning on my cars before, so this could open a new hobby?! My wife would love that....me outside all day:greenchainsaw:
I need something light weight and really fast to rip in my building projects and also to cut all the firewood for my wood stove heating.
Not really a plastics fan and really like anything that`s professional when it comes to tools.
Again,346xp(not the new one) or 359 ?
Check out Russia I saw good prices on Dolmars there when I was there. But that was north of St Petersburg real timber county,lot's of logging.Maybe you can find a dealer there to ship saws. If I remember right it was 16500 Ruble for a 7900.Not part of the Eu yet but you might get a deal!

Last edited:
Go with the 359 and find a builder like this guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4oG6-ds_6Q

I had my 2159 modded by a good friend that is a two stroke genius. I left the saw with him hopping to see what he was going to do with it. As it was a trade I would put new injector pumps in his truck, he would mod my saw. By the way he stole my degree wheel have not got it back from him yet! But to make a long story short I put his injector pump in his old dodge the night his wife dropped it off at my home. He also did my porting that night too my saw.So in the end it worked out non of us new what the other did and did not learn anything. But we are both happy thats all that matters.

OK,

Obviously the 346xp, if it is the new 50cc version - a stock 359 is basically a dud, for power to weight. :)

Last edited:
Go with the 359 and find a builder like this guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4oG6-ds_6Q

I have to agree when modded they are one H*** of a saw. But that one you posted is the all orange ugly one:monkey: You should now you can't cut straight with that bent handle! To be honest give me 5 minutes with a ugly husky and you get used to it!The bent handle starts to feel normal after five minutes of cutting.But that mono town colour I cant get over.Sorry I spelled color the Canadian way. Hay I discovered spell check on here.

I have to agree when modded they are one H*** of a saw. But that one you posted is the all orange ugly one:monkey: You should now you can't cut straight with that bent handle! To be honest give me 5 minutes with a ugly husky and you get used to it!The bent handle starts to feel normal after five minutes of cutting.But that mono town colour I cant get over.Sorry I spelled color the Canadian way. Hay I discovered spell check on here.

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: One of my 288's has the modded handle......LOL ..It got bent by a log.......:clap: :clap:

346 xp 45 cc

Obviously the 346xp, if it is the new 50cc version - a stock 359 is basically a dud, for power to weight. :)
No,it is not the new 50 cc.:(
It is funny how many dealers and sellers will simply NOT WANT to ship international........
So my choices are limited to the eBay stores that do......PayPal payment or Credit Card payments accepted and the security that the item will be the one I ordered.
If you guy can find any links to Husqvarna dealers that will ship International a 346 XPG I will be very thankfull, especially that my Einhell 1940 that I paid almost $200 just a year ago simply died.....( a camshaft bearing) and ordering the part is just not wort it.
It was a lemon all around,ok in the summer but awful for cold starts,chain lubrication,etc.
In the mean time I bought a Berlan BBKS45-20 45 cc 2.86 HP http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120185150199&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:CA:11 from Germany and for $150 US with S&H I expect it will run for a few months if none of my workers will touch it.
However,I am tworn between the 350,359 and the 364 XP/XPG.
Without the warranty that it`s not a chinese knock off,anyone of this will cost around $800 here at a dealer and 5-600 on the black market (most certainly a knock off ).
So,buying from a US dealer and paying $100 for shipping is my best option.
However I do have champagne taste (alcohol free now ) on a beer budget.
So I would like a magnesium crank case,high RPM so I can use it for lumber ripping as well, and tuff so if any of my Romanian workers (this guys just hate taking care of tools - especially mine ) decides to leave it laying around it won`t get trashed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back