Husqvarna 346xp going lean.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2broke2ride

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
I apologize in advance for the long winded post. I am working on my buddies 346xp. A few months ago I did a mild port job, base gasket delete, muffler mod, and a new caber ring. It ran great for about 4 or 5 tanks of fuel then started going lean on him to the point it wouldnt run so he sent it back to me. I pressure tested it and found a pretty bad leak from the intake boot area.
Tonight I replaced the boot, the impulse line, and used a worm type clamp instead of the bad clamp. I also put a tiny bit of Dirko around the inside of the boot to make sure it seals.
I put it all back together and it fires right up and idles good. I tuned it pretty well and as I was walking out to my wood pile to make my test cuts and tune it in wood it started to lean race and then acted like it ran out of fuel. Purge bulb is still full when this happens. If I let it sit and cool down, it runs fine again until it gets hot. I'm wondering if I have the fuel lines plumbed wrong or something. Shoot me some ideas.

2broke2ride

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tank vent or the lines are reversed maybe
I'm thinking that as well. How are the lines supposed to route? The fuel feed line I know is right, it goes to the carb inlet I have the return from the purge bulb hooked to the orange nipple on the tank and the vent from the air filter adapter to the white vent check valve thing in the tank.

Do those check valves mess up? What is the easiest way to check it?

2broke2ride

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
Or the fuel filter, pinched fuel line, plugged impulse line inside the boot, plugged screen in carb, diaphragms might be hard,...
Filter and fuel lines are all new. I went through the carb twice, I made sure the impulse passage was clear before putting it all the way together.