• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Husqvarna 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Husqvarna 346xp running with a slightly scored cylinder.
I took this saw in on trade a few weeks back in pieces. piston was toast and cylinder had transfer above and below exhaust. Cleaned the transfer with acid, and lightly sanded, then used scotch brite. Cylinder turned out great other than above the exhaust. There is 2 vertical scores. The piston is a barely used meteor and caber I received from nmuprh. I was trying to trade the saw as is, in parts and pieces for another project, but it fell out. So I threw it all together tonight since I received my package from nmurph, just too see where I stood on missing and needing pieces. She popped on the third pull, ran on the fifth. Idled in every position. Cosmetically I would consider it to be mint once its cleaned up, but its missing a few things and needing at least a different cylinder. I did trim the stock intake clamp snaps down, and installed a metal clamp. Stupid plastic. Photos will show all.

This saw will be coming with a different top end I just purchased today from westcoaster90. Its used OEM, but the bore looks great, and piston still showed most machining. Cylinder is missing a good bit of fins. He pulled this off the saw he ran for a period of time with no issues.

Saw is missing
3 bolts.
1 for handle bar
1 under the cover for the spring latch
1 for the brake handle on the starter side.

missing the clutch and drum

I do have a nearly new .325 sprocket with it.

I dont really have an idea on how much $ this would be worth, cant really go by ebay prices these days. This is the first one I've dealt with, so for all you people wanting a number well hell I really dont know.

I know what it needs, and know it costs money..

So therefore I would like to trade this towards a 044/440 - 046/460 running or shitboxes

I am open to other offers as well, but that is my preference.

IMG_1168[1].JPG IMG_1169[1].JPG IMG_1170[1].JPG IMG_1171[1].JPG IMG_1172[1].JPG IMG_1173[1].JPG IMG_1174[1].JPG

This is the piston that is currently installed in the saw. Again this is a slightly used meteor/caber from nmurph. He told me the piston had slight markings from debris after a test run . He removed and replaced this piston, scuffed with a pad and sat it aside. He can chime in if he would like and give a little more info.

nmurph.jpg

This is the piston that is currently installed in the saw. Again this is a slightly used meteor/caber from nmurph. He told me the piston had slight markings from debris after a test run . He removed and replaced this piston, scuffed with a pad and sat it aside. He can chime in if he would like and give a little more info.

View attachment 368023

As Kyle said...that is not bluing on the bottom of the piston skirt, just the effect of a ph camera, and not a very good one.

Appreciate the offer but I am not familiar with that brand at all. I might have found what I am looking for though, I am just waiting on the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 046 that was running that needs the bearings replaced and a couple oversized screws. Let me know if your other deal falls through. I have a mint 346 that needs a good jug and piston.

Sorry to do this-

In the chainsaw forum, I'm not seeing any posts more recent than early last night. I've checked it on several devices and get the same result. The trading post is updated and current, and several of the other forums look to be updated. I can receive PM's just fine.
Is anyone else having problems?

Neal

Sorry to do this-

In the chainsaw forum, I'm not seeing any posts more recent than early last night. I've checked it on several devices and get the same result. The trading post is updated and current, and several of the other forums look to be updated. I can receive PM's just fine.

Neal
Yep Neal, seems like the Trading Post is all that's working this morning.

Kyle send me your email or phone number and I will text you some pics. I can't figure out how to pm from my phone

Kyle send me your email or phone number and I will text you some pics. I can't figure out how to pm from my phone

Sorry to do this-

Neal
yes nmurph I am also having issues in pennsylvania

Back