Husqvarna 350 bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosemaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an older model Husqvarna 350 chainsaw and it's cutting crooked. Is it time for a new bar and chain? What did Husqvarna come out with on this saw stock, 16 or 18"? I'd appreciate any replies from these very knowledgeable people here on this forum. Thanks in advance.

I have an older model Husqvarna 350 chainsaw and it's cutting crooked. Is it time for a new bar and chain? What did Husqvarna come out with on this saw stock, 16 or 18"? I'd appreciate any replies from these very knowledgeable people here on this forum. Thanks in advance.

If the saw is pulling hard to one side and cutting semi circles versus straight lines- odds are one side of your chain is running damaged cutters- from ground contact, dirty or a stone lodged in bark, or metal in the tree.
Or you sharpen better one way than the other and one side of the chain is sharper than the other.
Probably time for a new chain if it is well worn- if fairly new get it shop ground to bring it back to even.
How long has it been since the saw had a new chain, new bar, new drive sprocket or spur? Might be time to gift it a Christmas present.
Photos of the chain cutters, the bar and the drive system will help diagnose any further problems.

Might depend where in the World you are based- but over here the 350 came out with a 16" .325 set up.

Could also just need the bar dresses. The top of the rails wear uneven sometimes. Belt sander makes pretty quick and easy work of squaring them up, but it can be don’t on a bench grinder as well, and I’ve even done it with an angle grinder with flap disk.

That 350 was marketed with an 18" .325 x .058 set-up.

As to your bar/chain/set-up no longer cutting true...regardless of what it is..the rails wear down, and need be dressed. At some point, the rails are not as tall as the drive links! The chain can freely rock side 2 side.
Start with a new bar, and new chain. Sharpening should be done by a shop, or experienced filer. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back