Husqvarna 350 Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll reseat the bearings without registering the seal outboard to mate against the case counterbore flange. The clamping force of the base to the case should be sufficient to prevent the bearings from moving axially. And there is really no force motivating them to do so, either.

Leaving 0.005-0.010 seems like a reasonable clearance. It'll be guesswork anyhow since there isnt much I can do to really do to boss the bearings around as I snug up the aluminum base.

It’s just a test port, no piston stop function. Haven’t pressure tested a saw yet. I guess I’ll figure that out in a day or two. Have to find my mighty vac.

I think I can seal the intake and exhaust with my thumbs if my boy can work the pump. And my girl can spray the soap. And my wife can look for bubbles.

It’s just a test port, no piston stop function. Haven’t pressure tested a saw yet. I guess I’ll figure that out in a day or two. Have to find my mighty vac.

I think I can seal the intake and exhaust with my thumbs if my boy can work the pump. And my girl can spray the soap. And my wife can look for bubbles.
I generally put a rubber cork in the intake if I can find the right size..

With masking tape over exhaust port and a spit-wetted thumb over the intake boot, the saw held vacuum (only have an old plastic brake bleeder). So that’s pretty encouraging!

Pro-Tip: Install the pulse tube.

Next level Pro-Tip: Pull out the compression release.

24 years ago I bought this saw in a shop north of Bellefonte, Pa.

24 years before that I was still eating baloney sammiches with ketchup for lunch, wondering what kindergarten was going to be like.

Hey. didn't forget the coil ground strap! Good job!
Can’t forget what you don’t take out. Same way that I don’t mix up screws. Once I pull a part or loosen a mount the screw goes back in the hole. I don’t toss the screws in a coffee can and hope I remember where they went.

Muffler thoughts: bought my second and last aftermarket muffler. Total junk in which I have zero confidence to seal, or stay together. I will mod my rusty old factory muffler before I install this cheap piece of Chinese garbage. The OEM muffler construction is superior in every way. I may excise the exhaust port of the Chinese junk and splice onto the OEM muffler corner.

image.jpg

Measured squish AFTER sealing everything up. It’s 0.029” now. Certainly glad I left out the gasket.

AND: don’t forget to shorten your screws a smidge when deleting your gasket.

Wont work. Use piece of rubber bike tire hose.

Latest posts

Back