husqvarna 350 vs solo 650

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman

Reaction score
Looking for advice. Had a husky 340 (loved it) that was stolen and need a new saw. I was going to order a new one from southwest but they are doing some kind of conversion and are not shipping at the present time. I can get a husky 350 for 279.00 or a solo 650 for 225.00 total. I have read what I can find on this site about the Solo 650 but still have some questions. Some people where complaining about the chain tensioner on the 650, is it a pain in the butt? . I would want to replace the stock chain (i'm guessing it's a low kickback) with a full chisel, would it be a problem finding one? and finally just looking at the pics of the 650 the nuts on the chain guard look kind of cheesy and I have to wonder if the whole saw is not as well built as the husky. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated...

I would put Solo saws in the mid-range myself. Partly it comes down to what you are used to. If you started with a Husky then you only really go sideways or down in quality from there !!! I found the carby set up and the top cover on the Solo a bit flimsy and not overly well engineered...sometimes it's the little things that a make a good saw great and a great saw sensational. I'd wait for the Husky, or go Stihl or Jony...as I've said before, Husky and Jony come out of the same factory, and I'm immensley impressed with the Jony's vibration control system...but you know what they say about opinions ! Good luck, mate.

Back