Husqvarna 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
im working on a 350 inbetween the 285cd im playing with. My question is how often dovthe screws come loose in your rear handle where the motor mounts are.? I never seen this nor ran into it. What screws that aren’t missing are loose. I pull the trigger while it’s not running the whole crankcase moves. A closer inspection turned up missing screws and loose screws.
Ever see this? Im thinking maybe removable loctite on the securing screws?

Check the threaded holes before you do any repairs. Lot's of times if those screws have been loose for awhile they will have vibrated enough to damage the threads in the hole. Sometimes you can jam the tip of a small zip tie in the hole then install the screw and that will be sufficient to take up the slack.

what he said. pay special attention to the miffler bolts. early ones had no brace to help support it, muff bolts come loose, muffler falls and melts a hole in the oil tank. one from a 351 or 353 can be made to fit i believe. also make sure it has the metal intake clamp, not the plastic. other than that, very good firewood saws.

Back