Husqvarna 353 Power Loss Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniFarmer

Reaction score
Hello - I have had my 353 in the shop once for a fuel line leak and second for carb adjustment (opened up the H jet 1/2 turn) to address a power loss issue. No solution. The saw is 6 seasons old and has worked great except for this year when the chain started to get stuck more frequently in the log. The engine runs well but I do hear some internal resistance below the clutch. The chain and bar are free to turn. No binding there. I wonder if its the needle bearing or crank bearing or seals that are robbing power from the engine. When sawing, it gets stuck easily and doesn't have the power to rip through the log unless I lighten up on the bar. I greased the center of the clutch but I noticed some smoke coming from the clutch area after use. Maybe too much grease? The saw is revving up great and starting well. Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Jeff Gregory, Friendsville, Pa :msp_smile:

Hello - I have had my 353 in the shop once for a fuel line leak and second for carb adjustment (opened up the H jet 1/2 turn) to address a power loss issue. No solution. The saw is 6 seasons old and has worked great except for this year when the chain started to get stuck more frequently in the log. The engine runs well but I do hear some internal resistance below the clutch. The chain and bar are free to turn. No binding there. I wonder if its the needle bearing or crank bearing or seals that are robbing power from the engine. When sawing, it gets stuck easily and doesn't have the power to rip through the log unless I lighten up on the bar. I greased the center of the clutch but I noticed some smoke coming from the clutch area after use. Maybe too much grease? The saw is revving up great and starting well. Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Jeff Gregory, Friendsville, Pa :msp_smile:
Having the same problem with my 353.Did you ever figure out the problem.New here and would appreciate any info about this,thanks.

Back