Husqvarna 353... your impressions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 353 I purchased a few years back no primer bulb. It’s been ok. Someday I’ll compare it to my 346 Xp, 357xp, 359. Not much small wood to cut.

I think any husky saw around 60 cc’s would be ok. If I did it all over for the firewood business I’d go no smaller than a 162/262 husky. But for homeowners the 353 is fine. I can’t wait to see how the 359 runs.

I have a circa 2002 353 I purchased new that starts and runs like a champ, although it has low hours for a 20 year old saw. Removed the limiter caps, keep tuned and chain sharp. That's about it.

Has a 16" bar with semi-chisel chain. Run and stored with synthetic fuel mix. Good all around utility saw. Not sure how that equates to a "modern" 353.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On my orginal 70’s Husky 240 Sg I used the chisel chain with the 8 tooth rim but to have success speeding up the chain fpm we need to keep it razor sharp. My point is I’m sure this setup would work on the bigger 353. The rims do come in 325-8 and 325-9.

I bought my 353 new in 2005. Started with hurricane cleanup and moved on from there. I have been quite pleased with it. 18" bar for the most part.

Latest posts

Back