Husqvarna 355---Does anyone know anything about it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I came across this model while browsing through the IPL's on the US Husqvarna site. The manual makes reference to California emissions and there is also an E-Tech reference, so I'm guessing it was a US model. The weight specs are the same as the 357/359 (inaccurate) specs. The front handle doesn't have the same kink as the 357/359. The power is 3.5hp. I'm guessing it's an OP built on the 357/359 frame???

I searched this site using the search function as well as with Google and couldn't find anything on it.

Niko/anyone, what's the scoop???

355 IPL

http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/HUSO2001_USen/HUSO2001_USen__1019154-95.pdf

357/359 IPL

http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/HUSO2005_USen/HUSO2005_USen__1150154-95.pdf

I came across this model while browsing through the IPL's on the US Husqvarna site. The manual makes reference to California emissions and there is also an E-Tech reference, so I'm guessing it was a US model. The weight specs are the same as the 357/359 (inaccurate) specs. The front handle doesn't have the same kink as the 357/359. The power is 3.5hp. I'm guessing it's an OP built on the 357/359 frame???

I searched this site using the search function as well as with Google and couldn't find anything on it.

Niko/anyone, what's the scoop???

355 IPL

http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/HUSO2001_USen/HUSO2001_USen__1019154-95.pdf

357/359 IPL

http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/HUSO2005_USen/HUSO2005_USen__1150154-95.pdf

I have known about the existence of that model for about 10 years, originally from a Canadian ad that I ran across, and suspect it was a very short-lived model, that was the first in what is known as the 357xp/359 "family". Also, I am not sure the weight specs were as much off by then, as the reinforcement of the case happened slightly into the 357/359 production period - the weight specs weren't as much off originally.

Forgot to say, the 355 had the same bore and stroke as the 254xp, but put out substantially less power - so it likely had an open port top end.

A marketing attempt to replace the 55, market testing killed it early on and the 55 lived on as it was for another 10 or so years. I am under the understanding that the model never was offered to sale to the public, and only demo saws were in existance.

A marketing attempt to replace the 55, market testing killed it early on and the 55 lived on as it was for another 10 or so years. I am under the understanding that the model never was offered to sale to the public, and only demo saws were in existance.
Sounds logic, but I am sure I ran into an adverisement for the model (in Canada) around 2003. I also found an operators manual for it, dated 2001-07. The manual was for that model only, no mention of the 357xp/359. :msp_wink:

This is of course not evidence that the model actually hit the market, but it must have been very close to.....

Last edited:
Man if he knew about the 556 he would blow a :msp_tongue: huh Niko.

Oh well maybe some day they can handle it or start a thread on that one :msp_wink: :rock:

The 556 surely exist, but I have seen no evidence that it hit the maket anywhere yet.:givebeer:

Also, it is a model that I really don't see any need for.....

Man if he knew about the 556 he would blow a :msp_tongue: huh Niko.

Oh well maybe some day they can handle it or start a thread on that one :msp_wink: :rock:

I've got a 556. It's not a Husky, it's a Stag. I usually shoot 55 grain soft points. It's more fun than even cutting wood :msp_biggrin:

I have a Husqvarna 355 (the old 355) that is in question here. I find it to have plenty of power, as long as the chain is sharp. The problem I am having is finding a new bar for the saw. I currently have a 20" Tilton Super Bar (T3102) on it, however it has become far too worn out to continue to use safely. No matter where I look, I cannot find a new bar that will fit the saw, and am having no luck finding even the same Tilton that is on it. It is 3/8 pitch with 050 gauge, and the chain is an Oregon D70, 72 tooth count. Does anyone know where to find a replacement bar for this? All the bars that any parts store/site recommend to me have too narrow of a spacing between the mounting stud slot and the tensioner holes.

Latest posts

Back