Anyone know anything about this Husqvarna garbage?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmaffei

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I mean their basic 150$ leaf blower from Lowe's of course. Does anyone such as sawtroll know where these are made? I think it says Sweden of course but it doesn't have the nice plate like my chainsaws do. I am wondering if this is just rebadged poulan junk. I have had two of these fail on me, I have a feeling they are sit way too lean from the factory. The first one stalled and then would never start again even with a new plug. The second I shut off for a couple of minutes and then the first crank on it made this horrible noise like I guess the piston or the rings went ( I don't know a ton about engines). Anyways, I am sort of losing my faith in Husqvarna and thinking about going to stihl, their kombitool system seems like it would fit my needs pretty well. I understand it is dumb to buy big box store junk but would think for 150 bucks you could make a halfway decent leaf blower. I love my chainsaws (359 and 435, sort of the poor man's two saw combo version of 346/372). Also, my brother has the 235 which gets bashed a lot but he has the 16 inch bar and before we knew anything about saws dropped and bucked a very big oak around 2 feet in diameter (looking back it did take forever). I know the 235 is made by poulan, just looking for some good excuses maybe to switch to Stihl, don't know about their saws yet. Anyone have any preference b/w the 55 and 90 for the motor? I know the 90 is more powerful, is it a lot better quality? I don't have a huge yard but I do use this stuff frequently as have a lot of hedges, leaf blowing, trimming, and edging to do. Sorry if this rant is a bit off topic. Thanks, James

I have a 125BV and I absolutely love it! I use it almost daily at work and sometimes at home. It is not a Pullon it is a Redmax so enough blah blah blah about cheap Poulvarna BS. It is IMO the best handheld blower out there right now and definitely better than the competing Stihls. Go to a reputable dealer so it gets tuned before leaving the shop:cheers:

I also have the 125 bx. Have used it a couple times a week for two years. After the first year I had to adjust the carb some but other than that love it.

As for switching brands, they both make great products. Properly maintaned and tuned they will last a long time.

I have a 125BV and I absolutely love it! I use it almost daily at work and sometimes at home. It is not a Pullon it is a Redmax so enough blah blah blah about cheap Poulvarna BS. It is IMO the best handheld blower out there right now and definitely better than the competing Stihls. Go to a reputable dealer so it gets tuned before leaving the shop:cheers:

:agree2: I have the 125B & it starts with 2 pulls every time. I have had it for about a year now & no problems, but I did buy my from my dealer. I use my for leaves & heck I even use it to blow out the garage.

So they own Redmax now too?

Not trying to start any fight, but it is "Husqpoulan"............

The 125 trimmer is junk though...

So they own Redmax now too?

Not trying to start any fight, but it is "Husqpoulan"............

The 125 trimmer is junk though...

Yes, they bought them for Strato and blowers atleast. As for the other stuff there are probably millions of cheap Poulan owners around the world perfectly happy with their box store specials, they fill a need in the market.:cheers:

Howdy,
The 125's that we've sold have gone out and stayed out. I'm not talking huge quantities and as far as I know, they went to Homeowner users. Do you have any local shops to take it to. I think aquiring Redxax for the strato technology was a good move for Husqvarna. I'm sure it grinds a few axes over at Stihl having to license the strato from Husqvarna.
Regards
Gregg

I use my 125L commercially for five years now and not had an issue. Can't believe the dealer will not warranty that string I have to keep replacing though! lol

Any 2 cycle needs the carb adjusted for the location in which it will be ran. If you buy it in a box, you need to do this yourself. It doesn't mater what brand you buy, it has to be set for location. If you don't know much about engines, you need to take it to someone who does.

J,

They are junk when compared to the Echo or the Stihl. The engine is made by Kawasaki and the plastic is made by Poulan. The trick to these blowers is to take them apart when theyre new and loctite the pan bolts on the bottom of the engine. Otherwise, the pan loosens from vibration and the charge evaporates. Ive also seen some bad crank bearings pick up the death rattle. This shouldnt be your problem though if the blowers you have are relatively new.

Yes theyre set real lean and on top of that have a catalytic muffler which holds the heat further drafting what charge they generate. You can use a wiring butt connector to remove the carb jets for notching, or you can just richen it up a good turn on each jet and go on that way.

Good luck,
Bob

I mean their basic 150$ leaf blower from Lowe's of course. Does anyone such as sawtroll know where these are made? I think it says Sweden of course but it doesn't have the nice plate like my chainsaws do. I am wondering if this is just rebadged poulan junk. I have had two of these fail on me, I have a feeling they are sit way too lean from the factory. The first one stalled and then would never start again even with a new plug. The second I shut off for a couple of minutes and then the first crank on it made this horrible noise like I guess the piston or the rings went ( I don't know a ton about engines). Anyways, I am sort of losing my faith in Husqvarna and thinking about going to stihl, their kombitool system seems like it would fit my needs pretty well. I understand it is dumb to buy big box store junk but would think for 150 bucks you could make a halfway decent leaf blower. I love my chainsaws (359 and 435, sort of the poor man's two saw combo version of 346/372). Also, my brother has the 235 which gets bashed a lot but he has the 16 inch bar and before we knew anything about saws dropped and bucked a very big oak around 2 feet in diameter (looking back it did take forever). I know the 235 is made by poulan, just looking for some good excuses maybe to switch to Stihl, don't know about their saws yet. Anyone have any preference b/w the 55 and 90 for the motor? I know the 90 is more powerful, is it a lot better quality? I don't have a huge yard but I do use this stuff frequently as have a lot of hedges, leaf blowing, trimming, and edging to do. Sorry if this rant is a bit off topic. Thanks, James

Not sure if it's the same one but the neighbor guy/drinking buddy bought the cheapo husky backpack blower from lowes and if it's a poulan it's a pretty good one. I ran it and would buy that for size alone over the heffer stihls for twice the money. I wouldn't worry to much about husky's high end products, unlike stihl they need the box store products to drive the commercial side. When I see a 346 at TSC then alarms will go off.

Thank you guys. I am not saying all husqvarna is garbage as I said I have their saws and love them, but I'm sorry when I get two units of the same model that die, it is either me, they are POSs, or I just had really bad luck. I am sure there are tons of people using them that are doing fine and until mine died I loved them. I think the cat muffler is really holding a ton of heat in, and mine didn't even die in the summer. I also know it isn't me since I use the same mix as in my saws and no other 2 stroke I have ever run has died like either of these. As far as the tuning, I can see it maybe not being optimum, but I don't live at some crazy atltitude or climate and I am pretty sure there are a lot of 2 strokes that you cannot even tune the carb, I think some stihls were mentioned before. Also, if you are not making equipment for the average joe that just wants a leaf blower that works and does not have to get it tuned up before using a brand new one, there is a problem in my opinion. I do have a tach and have tuned my saws.

Throw the thing in the trash and go down to the local Stihl dealer buy a BG 85/86 for a handheld and be done with it for the next ten or fifteen years.
We have had a BG 85 for several years and have used the hell out of it, no issues, just good fuel mix and go. My son also learned the hard way on his first purchase of outdoor equipment, he had Mom take him to Lowes and picked up a POS husky 123l string trimmer, what a piece of crap. After a month I took him down to the orange and white store, he walked out with a Stihl 90R and has used it 2 seasons commercially with no issues.
I've got a 346xp and love it, but I'm not a fan of the majority of home owner product, too much rebranded poulan crap. It's hard to shell out money in this economy, but long term buy the absolute best you can afford the first time, it will be much less expensive in the long run.

Oh, I went and got a refund, I tried the replacement route and now I am going to put that money towards some stihl powerhead and accessories. Thanks, James

Back