• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 358xp (359 w/ 357xp top end)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_In_VT

Brrraaaaap!
Reaction score
Selling my 358xp (359 with a 357xp top end, NO crank stuffers)
OEM Mahle cylinder, brand new meteor piston, non cat muffler, oversize dual bucking spikes, updated intake boot clamp.
The air filter clip closest to the kill switch does not stay when you pop it off, but it holds the top cover fine.
Some scratches and dings, not perfect but pretty clean.
20" bar and chain available if you want to arrange pickup in Vermont.
I would also consider a trade for a 346xp builder, project, whatever.
Asking $400 shipped (lower 48)

photo.JPG photo 1(1).JPG photo 1(2).JPG photo 2(1).JPG photo 2(2).JPG photo 3(1).JPG photo 3(2).JPG photo 4(1).JPG

Red pine. Stained. No oak where I am in Vermont. Northern limit of its range.

Most cabins around here are white cedar, some pine and spruce.

Muffler is a stock non catalytic. I had a dual port cat muffler on it when it was a 359.

I can dual port it if the buyer wants.

Heck, if the buyer wants I can put the dual port catalytic back on, I figured a non cat was more appealing though, modded or not.

image.jpg
(Not the muffler on the saw)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Under the hood, showing the Mahle 357xp cylinder. And a compression reading, a hair under 170psi on my gauge. Not sure I believe that, this saw has a gasket and literally 5 minutes run time on this top end setup.
Gauge could be off? Anyways, it's a brand new piston...

Ok, I wasn't sure. My 357xp is a little tired, and when this was a 359, I had the gasket deleted and it was 200psi+ so I didn't have anything to go by.

Haven't had much interest. Think my price is a bit too high sunfish?

How about $400 shipped, I'll include a bar+chain. Your choice, the 20" that's pictured, or a 16" husky branded powermatch with LGX chain at probably 90% (sharpened once maybe twice)

Or partial trades, I need a low hour 372 series crank, 395xp fuel tank, 394 misc parts...

Sold via craigslist.
Giving an update this way, all the thread editing tools seem to be gone, and I can't change the title prefix.
Now a sold saw gets a bump back to the top....

Ok, I wasn't sure. My 357xp is a little tired, and when this was a 359, I had the gasket deleted and it was 200psi+ so I didn't have anything to go by.

Haven't had much interest. Think my price is a bit too high sunfish?
Little late here, but no I think your price was fine. Saw sells seem a bit slow here lately.

Back