Husqvarna 359 porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the easiest saw to port with very strong gains to be had. Get a non EPA 357 muffler to start with and add a couple 5/8 outlets. Lots of piston skirt width to take the exhaust and intake out nice and wide, but keep them low. Then give the lower transfers a good work over, they are ugly in stock form.

About the easiest saw to port with very strong gains to be had. Get a non EPA 357 muffler to start with and add a couple 5/8 outlets. Lots of piston skirt width to take the exhaust and intake out nice and wide, but keep them low. Then give the lower transfers a good work over, they are ugly in stock form.

What do you mean by this Brian ?
This is one saw I'd love to get , I'm sure they can make a fantastic "worker" after the above mentioned "tweeking" :kilt:

Steve

Don't try to run 180 degrees of exhaust durration and 170 on intake. In other words don't try to mess much with the factory timing. The 359 can be made to cut nearly twice as fast as bone stock without straying more than a few degress from factory port timing.

Got started today and managed to get the exhaust port widened, corners squared up and ports aluminum surfaces smoothed out. Starting to look at the transfer ports now to decide how to attack these. I am not raising or lowering anything just widening and trying to imagine any transitions that would affect the flow and smoothing them out without removing anymore material than necessary.

Not a chance Arik,his "stock" saws are too hot !!!!! LOL !!
"STOCK", yeah right, I'll bet there were probably ony 5 to 10 true "stock" saws there ! (and they were all mine :jawdrop: ) LOL !!!

Steve

Hey, good to see you here! I didn't know your username here until now. You're right.... I think T-Wolf's "stock" saws woulod fit right in with the rest of the "stock" saws. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back