Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe XP stands for extra performance. The biggest difference I can see is in the cylinder porting. Theses saws often run at much higher RPMs. The XP models seem to give the most power for the same weight chassis as many non XP models, therefore the power to weight ratio goes way up. A big plus for a professional saw when production and operator fatigue is important.

XP stands for extra power, the older models actually said "extra power" right under the "XP" on the stickers.

This is off a 266xp

DSC_0055.jpg

so the XP are made to be lighter and in order to have the power sacrificed by the loss of weight, they must perform at higher rpm ?
is that it ?

I have both a 346XP NE and a 359. While both are great saws, the 359 is a much better choice for running bigger bars (20-24 inch) and more powerful in the large diameter hard wood trunks. The 346 is very fast with a 18" bar and .325 pitch chain but the 359 will take off and leave it with 3/8 chain on 20" bar and bigger. I have no complaints with either saw. For firewood cutting, I like the 359 for felling and cutting the trunk section, then I switch to the 346 for anything the 18" bar will cut. Husquvarna saws continue to impress me with performance and power to weight ratios.

359 has only 0.2 hp more. Is that enough to make a such difference ? for bigger bar ?

Back