Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. said:
Fill her up all the way. Tightening the cap is optional.

Hey Mr.,
I took your advice and did the "optional" tightening of the bar oil cap. While cutting all the oil leaked out and the bar eventually caught on fire because it got so hot. Is this common? Does this happen to everyone or should I be alarmed? Thanks!

Heilman181 said:
Hey Mr.,
I took your advice and did the "optional" tightening of the bar oil cap. While cutting all the oil leaked out and the bar eventually caught on fire because it got so hot. Is this common? Does this happen to everyone or should I be alarmed? Thanks!

Whoa! Hold on! I am just kidding before you guys slam me with how dangerous saws are and an idiot like me should not be using one. :dizzy:

Honestly, I used the saw for about two hours the other day. I am impressed with it so far. I think that I made a wise investment and it should last me many years. However, I still can't help but to wonder what it would be like with some modifications done to it. Huh! Must be a testosterone thing! Or is it estrogen?

Hi Heilman181,

Funny that you should ask where I am and I happen to be here. :laugh: I`ve been working alot lately and haven`t had my normal 4 or 5 hours a day here. :D

Anyway, I think that the 359 is a fine saw. The 361 and 357 are stronger out of the box than the 359 but the muffler mod does alot to level the playing field. Ported is a different story all together, the 359 really shines, even the E Tech. Don`t let the numbers that RAHTreelimbs spouted off :laugh: fool you, a well modded 359 apparently holds it`s rpm in the cut better than a comparably well modded 361 if you push on the saw. The 359 has real good torque. I have a modded 357, 359, and 361 and the 359 is the fastest of the bunch. Given the number of other fast 359s that I have seen, this doesn`t seem to be an anomoly. Marky and KF_Tree also have smokin' fast 359s and I know that there are atleast a few others out there.

BTW, my 359 is an E Tech that still has the Cat in the modded muffler. It produces a cool looking orange-red glow that can be seen when cutting in low light.

I don`t think that SawTroll was saying that I would verbally blister him was he? I thought that he was saying that Ed or I could provide additional North American market specific info. :dizzy:

Russ

jokers said:
Marky and KF_Tree also have smokin' fast 359s and I know that there are atleast a few others out there.

Russ

russ

i only have a 357xp(ehp) and the 358xp project that ed has. we have a stock 359 at work, but i never ran a modded 359.

kf_tree said:
russ

i only have a 357xp(ehp) and the 358xp project that ed has. we have a stock 359 at work, but i never ran a modded 359.
Sorry Ken, I must have confused someone else`s saw for yours.

Russ

rahtreelimbs said:
Yeah you did........for only one cut. You and I swapped saws at Marky's GTG, I ran your EHP357!
That`s right Rich, I was thinking of your 359! Wasn`t Marky`s GTG when you got your 359 back?

jokers said:
That`s right Rich, I was thinking of your 359! Wasn`t Marky`s GTG when you got your 359 back?

The first 359 I sent to you around Thanksgiving '04......got that one back in January. I sent the second one up to you in Febuary of '05 and picked that 359 up at your first GTG, at the same time I dropped off both 372's for Ed to take. I then picked up the 372's at Marky's GTG!

BTW Thanx again for being the "Go Between" on getting these saws to Ed!!!

Well if it was my money I would buy the 359 and modded it cause to me they are the best bang for the buck out there right now the 5100 is close but I would sooner have a 359 for the extra $20 to $30 . Modded they are everybit as fast as any modded 357/361 and most times they are faster because of the torque these saws produce. And having that totque makes them a better saw to run everyday cutting firewood , trees whatever . they are just more easier to run cause you donot have to watch your rpm's as much as you would with a more peaky saw

Here is a newbie question: What exactly are you professionals calling "modded"? Also, what could I expect to pay for those mods? :D

I cut the base of the jug , port the tranfsers, intake and ext. port,do piston work, muffler mod it and do some carb work . You get the saw to me and I pay for the shipping back for $200 usa money.

ehp said:
I cut the base of the jug , port the tranfsers, intake and ext. port,do piston work, muffler mod it and do some carb work . You get the saw to me and I pay for the shipping back for $200 usa money.

Are you doing the same to the 358?

Rick

the 358 is a 359 bottomend with a 357 top end on it and yes I am doing the same thing to it but an timing it with the stock 359 then with the stock 357 top end on it and with both top ends ported to see what the difference is .

that depends on how you like a saw to work or if you even care how it works, you could also just do a muffler mod to it and that helps make more power and let the motor run cooler

jokers said:
I don`t think that SawTroll was saying that I would verbally blister him was he? I thought that he was saying that Ed or I could provide additional North American market specific info. :dizzy:
Right you are!
:D

Latest posts

Back