• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may not have a cat, the cat models said Etech on the starter cover and this one doesn't, so someone may have just put a green gas cap on? Or the starter cover as been changed?

Anyway it doesn't matter, as this saw seems to be in great shape & one of the best firewood saws of all times! Good price also!

I imagine this saw will run at least as strong as my Husky 257 and may run stronger. Is that a safe assumption to make? Not sure. Please advise.
I would guess it would and would do it with less vibes and better fuel economy.
But that being said I don't know if your 257 is ported, base cut, or what all has been done to it.

I would guess it would and would do it with less vibes and better fuel economy.
But that being said I don't know if your 257 is ported, base cut, or what all has been done to it.
Mine's a stock Husky 257. I pull a 20" bar with it. Runs perfectly and it seems to have the same power and performance as my Stihl MS 361. But, I think it's a few ounces lighter in weight and cost me $400 less because I bought the Stihl when new back in early 2008. I think all three have a 59 cc engine, but I could be wrong.

SPF.

I passed on a clean 257 while I was in TN. I love how easy the "too" series huskys are to work on, but the three series are soo smooth and refined. Kinda like us Michigan boys;)

SPF.

I passed on a clean 257 while I was in TN. I love how easy the "too" series huskys are to work on, but the three series are soo smooth and refined. Kinda like us Michigan boys;)
Well, I have a Husky 257 and it runs like a top. It has more power that my Husky 353. But the 353 is really hard to find these days. That's because their owners want to hang onto them. I'd love to see a 359 run against a 257. My 257 ran really well today. Look's like you have to go up to a 372 or a 357 to beat it. But heck, this 359 that OP offers looks really good. It's hard for me to not examine it carefully.

Well, I have a Husky 257 and it runs like a top. It has more power that my Husky 353. But the 353 is really hard to find these days. That's because their owners want to hang onto them. I'd love to see a 359 run against a 257. My 257 ran really well today. Look's like you have to go up to a 372 or a 357 to beat it. But heck, this 359 that OP offers looks really good. It's hard for me to not examine it carefully.
I know what you mean about the 353 Edwin. I have the red version of a 346xp and it's a great package. Speaking of which, I don't see any red in your signature. Keep an eye on my posts, I may be able to help you with that soon...

Some one got a great saw, i bought my 359 new in 2003 have cut most all my fire wood with it and have done thoudsands with it in work , ounce u learn how to not flood it they are great , fyi if you flood a 359 it clears sorta quick if you turn the saw upside down.

Mine's a stock Husky 257. I pull a 20" bar with it. Runs perfectly and it seems to have the same power and performance as my Stihl MS 361. But, I think it's a few ounces lighter in weight and cost me $400 less because I bought the Stihl when new back in early 2008. I think all three have a 59 cc engine, but I could be wrong.
As far as I understand the 257 is the loosest of the 2 series in regards to squish and has a lot more power available. No need to jump to a 372 to beat one, as a ms362,555,562,261(husky),262 will all eat the 257. If the 257 runs right with the 361 then I would think something is wrong with the 361 or the 257 has had some work done on it, heck maybe the sticker is the wrong one lol. Have you noticed the 361 being smoother as well as getting better fuel economy.
The 353 won't cut with the 257 in stock form as it's a 50cc and the 257 is a 60cc. The 359 would be a modernized version of the 257 and should hang right with it if not cut a bit faster. Both the 257 and the 359 see incredible gains with a few mods, and they are hard to beat for the price. They are in the shadows of the "full pro" saws and therefore are looked down on from many, but the are both great saws with huge potential.
As VA said someone got a great saw :).
Glad you got it sold buddy.

Back