Husqvarna 365 oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mayers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Husqvarna 365 chainsaw used online, its a fantastic saw plenty of power, only thing is that the oiler is a bit confusing, today after cutting some large logs, the oiler needed adjustment, I always give the saw a good clean after use, and running the saw without the bar setup, noticed that the more I adjusted the oiler to the + side the less the oil delivery, so I tried adjusting it to the - . Now the delivery was great, the adjustment both ways has about 4 1/2 turns, and that I am cutting large logs with 24" bar and chain, its now set to full, really weird that it is in reverse!!!

I purchased my Husqvarna 365 chainsaw used online, its a fantastic saw plenty of power, only thing is that the oiler is a bit confusing, today after cutting some large logs, the oiler needed adjustment, I always give the saw a good clean after use, and running the saw without the bar setup, noticed that the more I adjusted the oiler to the + side the less the oil delivery, so I tried adjusting it to the - . Now the delivery was great, the adjustment both ways has about 4 1/2 turns, and that I am cutting large logs with 24" bar and chain, its now set to full, really weird that it is in reverse!!!
Check your inbox for ipl, owner's manual and service manual. Oiler adjustment is explained in the service manual.

that's a very interesting occurrence/observation.. I was out over the weekend cutting quite a bit with a new-to-me 372 and I swear it wasn't oiling that great and with only a 18" bar.. I turned the oiler adjuster a ways in the + direction but didn't really perceive a awesome improvement. Didn't occur to me to try the - side of things

that's a very interesting occurrence/observation.. I was out over the weekend cutting quite a bit with a new-to-me 372 and I swear it wasn't oiling that great and with only a 18" bar.. I turned the oiler adjuster a ways in the + direction but didn't really perceive a awesome improvement. Didn't occur to me to try the - side of things
Owner's manual also explains the oil adjustment. Page 36

Attachments

• 365 372 owner's manual.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the messaage, I now have not enough "oil pressure" from the oiler, its been explained to me that on the oil adjuster screw which is on a taper, that if the adjustment is turned too far it doesn't mesh correctly with the oiler, so I am going to remove the clutch, oil pump, and all ancillaries, to see if the pickup is clean, if the adjuster screw is out too far, if the piston and worm are ok, then I will know what is going on, I am definitely going to take pics, regards thanks David.

Thanks for the messaage, I now have not enough "oil pressure" from the oiler, its been explained to me that on the oil adjuster screw which is on a taper, that if the adjustment is turned too far it doesn't mesh correctly with the oiler, so I am going to remove the clutch, oil pump, and all ancillaries, to see if the pickup is clean, if the adjuster screw is out too far, if the piston and worm are ok, then I will know what is going on, I am definitely going to take pics, regards thanks David.
I'm following the thread so let us/me know if there's a definitive resolution, cheers

-Rob

Good day Rob, I have stripped down the oil pump and ancillaries, I have shown pics of the various parts, I have even poured a bit of solvent in the oil tank and given it a bit of a shake, to clean out any dirt, checking the pump and all parts I cannot find why it is not giving the correct amount of pressure, no sign of wear on the worm or pump drive, possibly its inside the pump. Subsequently I have given the rest of the power unit a good clean to be sure. I have ordered a new pump with worm etc, as I have a lot of large logs to cut and am hoping this "fix" works. Just to mention on this model the oiler has 4 clicks to - and 4 to + this also is working. One last thing the rim sprocket I see online if worn can have an effect on chain and oiling performance, so I am also changing it. Thought I would share my experience, any suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• 20221027_151602.jpg
    20221027_151602.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221027_153109.jpg
    20221027_153109.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221027_161231.jpg
    20221027_161231.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221027_161236 (1).jpg
    20221027_161236 (1).jpg