HUSQVARNA 365 XTORQ upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mayers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do hope that someone can help, I need to replace my cylinder and piston as I have been wondering since I bought this used saw a month ago that's its a bit gutless. I got my compression tester and found that its only 6 bar, about 90 psi, should be 165 psi. I would like to go 52mm big bore ie to 372xp and power, however the only decent cylinder is non xtorq, Hyway Nikasil which is faily good quality with warranty, am I making a mistake going away from xtorq which is avalable in 50mm, regards David

I know you can convert the 372 x-torque to the non-strato 372, I would think you could do the same with the 365 since they’re essentially the same saw. Only difference is the transfer port caps. If that’s the case, stick with OEM parts.

Thanks for the message, I am going with the aftermarket intake boot and filter kit, I know the supplier he sells good stuff, the carburetor is the same, will probably do a bit of tuning as the saw is going from 65cc to 76cc, will post afew pics during the upgrade.

I just did the swap to a 52mm non X-torque cylinder on my 372xt. I got the OE style intake boot, but was able to use my XT carb and filter housing. The only thing I had to do, was a little trimming on the boot, as the OE carbs have the mounting holes horizontal, while the XT carbs have the holes clocked diagonally.

The other mod is to pull the divider out of the carb and cut it out of the filter housing/elbow. I had already de-stratoed my XT before, so those 2 things were already done.

Back