Husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m picky with my tools and like things to be certain ways.

I will not be porting the saw.

I do cut wood but have no experience with the differences between a standard 365xp and one with a big bore kit. Figured I’d ask here if it’s beneficial to go with the big bore kit or leave it the way it is.

I want to rebuild it for multiple reasons. One, because I enjoy working on things and it will teach me a little about the saw. I’d also know that the saw is freshened up and ready to go. I know the guy who I bought it from (my daughter’s boyfriend) and he absolutely doesn’t take care of anything, it’s been over 60k miles since he’s changed the oil on his Cummins!!

I enjoy taking things old and beat up and making them nice again. I’ve basically got nothing into this saw so even if I have to spend $400 on it, I’d be $400 into a professional 65cc saw that’ll last me for many years.

my goal is to give this saw as much power as possible while maintaining a reliable woods saw without having to send it to somebody to port it.

I guess I’ll just start off with a carb rebuild kit as opposed to replacing the carb and go from there. And I’ll order the 50mm big bore kit for it. Good starting point I guess.

Ok fellers, after a better lookI realized this is the 365 special. From my reading, this means is should be a closed port design. If that’s the case, should I just replace the piston and rings, or?
I’m wanting to go ahead and order a top end kit for it. Should I go ahead and bump up to the 50mm kit or stay with the 48? And I’ve never rebuilt a saw before so what else should I order along with the kit? I’m considering ordering the walbro carb as well.

and sorry for all the questions. I’m excited about this new hobby.
Why buy?
But go 50mm oem about 150.00 or less for a 372 oem kit.

my goal is to give this saw as much power as possible while maintaining a reliable woods saw without having to send it to somebody to port it.
50mm OEM top end, muffler mod, timing advance.
I enjoy taking things old and beat up and making them nice again. I’ve basically got nothing into this saw so even if I have to spend $400 on it, I’d be $400 into a professional 65cc saw that’ll last me for many years.
New crank bearings, seals, gaskets, o-ring, fuel and impulse line. Air filter, kit the carb.

What's so special about the Walbro?

Nothing. The HD 12 is a good carb though. My personal favorite is the Zama because of the separate High and Low circuits. But the last saw I built used the xtorq carb and it runs great. I've built other saws though with the xtorq carb and had fueling issues.

Nothing. The HD 12 is a good carb though. My personal favorite is the Zama because of the separate High and Low circuits. But the last saw I built used the xtorq carb and it runs great. I've built other saws though with the xtorq carb and had fueling issues.
I have an RWJ on my XS365. As long as you keep from pinching the impulse in the top cover it works great. Lots of fuel.

And oiling system. I'm really good at wasting someone else's money:D.
I enjoy doing that also. Have you purchased Hyway gaskets lately, purchased a set and they changed case and base gasket material for 365/372/375. Do not care for new material they are using.

I have an RWJ on my XS365. As long as you keep from pinching the impulse in the top cover it works great. Lots of fuel.

Yes RWJ I couldn't remember the name. I don't know what it was with the two RWJ's I had problems with. Could have needed rebuilt?? I had two different RWJ's on a 372 with 268 piston and could never get enough fuel or for it to run consistently. Pres/vac tested multiple times thinking I had a leak. Swapped a zama on it and bingo saw ran great with more fuel then it needed. But this last saw I built runs great with the RWJ...??

The 268 piston makes for a pretty long intake duration maybe that had something to do with it..

Yes RWJ I couldn't remember the name. I don't know what it was with the two RWJ's I had problems with. Could have needed rebuilt?? I had two different RWJ's on a 372 with 268 piston and could never get enough fuel or for it to run consistently. Pres/vac tested multiple times thinking I had a leak. Swapped a zama on it and bingo saw ran great with more fuel then it needed. But this last saw I built runs great with the RWJ...??
The adjustment is different on them. Kevin told me something like a 1/4 turn on an original is a full turn on the RWJ

Latest posts

Back