Husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cylinders don't need replaced unless they are scored to the point of being unusable
Nicks through the plating etc.
I'm still running 1980s husqvarna 266/268 cylinders that look great inside.

Yup, I know however, I can’t fit a 50mm piston in a 48mm cyl.

What's so special about the Walbro?

I don’t know honestly, I’m just learning this saw. But I read a post somewhere that if upgrading to the 50mm kit, the Zama had a difficult time supplying enough fuel and the Walbro carb was the preferred carb for this mod.

My bad. Someone was bragging about buying things with CC miles.

???

ahh I get it now! You were referencing a past statement of mine.... Yup, my WIFE prefers to use credit cards to pay for all of our expenses with our business credit cards for the points. Running a business is quite costly and the points are pretty valuable. It’s a smart business decision.

I didn’t realize until just now that you’re kind of a dack. Oops, I misspelled that...

I ordered the carb rebuild kit, new fuel lines, and the on/off switch since it’s busted. I’m gonna hold off on the rebuild until I decide what I want to do with it. Here shortly I’ll get into the cyl/piston and get some pics. It didn’t run very well so not sure if that’s carb related or something deeper.

Thanks Huskihl. You seem very knowledgeable on these saws. What are the removable transfers you were mentioning earlier and where do I look to see if my saw has them?

also, if this saw is a closed port saw, am I better off leaving the factory cylinder on and replacing only the piston as opposed to installing a new cylinder and 50mm piston? Forgive my ignorance but, if I swap out to a 50 p&c then the closed port design goes with with factory cylinder, correct?
I have zero experience with 2 stroke engines. Now give me a diesel engine or even a small block gasser and I’m good. Lol

View attachment 767485
Yah, I'M the ****:laughing:

Good luck with your build/not build fella.

Oooohhhh the internet police is out and you got me... not!

lol dude you’ve got too much time on your hands to sit around worrying about what everyone says/does.

Your above reference was a very specific conversation about credit card use. I do not have a personal cc and I’ll stand by that statement. I’m all for the advantages of responsible cc use and I’ll stand by that statement, too. My wife pays all of our bills, does all of our shopping, and manages all of the business accounts. She absolutely uses cc on a regular basis. None of which has a thing to do with ME not having a credit card.

I think if I was going to buy a new cylinder, I'd put the 51.4mm on it. I didn't like them a couple years ago, but seem to have figured them out since. Lots of long bar power

Tough decision for sure. I just built back to back a xpw and 50mm saws. Porting was a little different but the xpw could really be leaned on. The 50mm I made spin faster. I guess I would go with the 50mm just because the top ends can be had for $110 and replacement pistons are plentiful.

Thanks Huskihl. You seem very knowledgeable on these saws. What are the removable transfers you were mentioning earlier and where do I look to see if my saw has them?

also, if this saw is a closed port saw, am I better off leaving the factory cylinder on and replacing only the piston as opposed to installing a new cylinder and 50mm piston? Forgive my ignorance but, if I swap out to a 50 p&c then the closed port design goes with with factory cylinder, correct?
I have zero experience with 2 stroke engines. Now give me a diesel engine or even a small block gasser and I’m good. Lol
The 365 xtorq and 372 xtorq have removable transfer covers.

I wouldn't replace the piston unless there were signs of wear on it or if the intake skirt was worn thin. But it's hard to tell online with a pic if something should be replaced or not. If it needed a piston, I'd get a piston. If it needed a cylinder I'd upgrade to the 372

I wouldn't replace the piston unless there were signs of wear on it or if the intake skirt was worn thin. But it's hard to tell online with a pic if something should be replaced or not. If it needed a piston, I'd get a piston. If it needed a cylinder I'd upgrade to the 372
He needs a dominant piston and ceramic bearings.

thanks buddy!

trying to figure this all out amongst this schoolgirl drama that others wanna partake in. Always gotta have a nancy or two in every bunch...

clean it, do a compression test, then if its low and the piston is not scored, just change the rings and get on with life. for the 20 bucks you bought it for a set of stock rings a base gasket delete and a muffler mod would make it scream, and cost would be about as cheap as you can get for a pro level saw.

edit: all of these guys answering are good guys, they just like screwing with each other and newbies to the forum... been here 3 years and they still **** with me :)

clean it, do a compression test, then if its low and the piston is not scored, just change the rings and get on with life. for the 20 bucks you bought it for a set of stock rings a base gasket delete and a muffler mod would make it scream, and cost would be about as cheap as you can get for a pro level saw.

edit: all of these guys answering are good guys, they just like screwing with each other and newbies to the forum... been here 3 years and they still **** with me :)

True. Cuinrearview is the resident clown but we let him stay lol jk jk jk

Latest posts

Back