Husqvarna 372XP brake handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcjones

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a 5159809 brake handle for my 2014 372. Doesn't seem to fit. Which one do I need?

Is that OEM part #?
I thought husquavarna start with 503.

What do you mean exactly when you say "it doesn't fit"?
It won't go on the handle?
I have seen AM ones that needed work to get them on but were the correct ones.

I was at a Husky dealer today and a fellow came in with a high top full wrap 372xp pre xtorq saw with a broken plastic brake handle. The dealer tried to install what I gathered was the standard new brake handle part number 503 76 49-03 and it wouldn't go over the top cover or was binding on the full wrap handlebar, not sure which and the dealer mentioned he didn't think the brake handle would work because it was short. The dealer came out from the back of his shop with another brake handle, installed it for the customer and all was good. Is there another part number for a plastic brake handle that fits the original 372xp with a full wrap handle bar?

There were 2 different styles of top cover and brake flag for the original 372xp. The earliest style had a longer top cover with a shorter bottom on the brake flag. The newer style top cover was shorter (I think to prevent melting from the exhaust top outlet), and a brake flag to match the new profile. The odd thing is that both style flags have the same part number "503 76 49".
As far as I know both styles will fit a full wrap handle original 372xp ; but will not fit the xtorq.

Looks like there are 3 part numbers, 503 76 49 01 which supercedes to 503 76 49 02 and possibly 503 76 49 03 so the brake lever had two part updates....... that supercedes to
Husqvarna 503627871 which is the orange plastic cylinder cover and the brake lever together.

Back