Husqvarna 372XP Crankshaft Main Bearing went...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTwoodnutt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello Group, I have a 2004, Husky 372XP that had the Main Crankshaft Bearing go.
I had just started it, and it was just idling on the ground (at least it was low rpm's...).
I'm going to tear it down, and repair it, with the help of an experienced friend.
What "speciality tools" will I need to remove the crankshaft/bearings?
I know that I should replace bearings and gaskets.
WHAT else should I replace, while I'm "in there"?
Does anyone recommend installing Bailey's "Big-Bore" Cylinder/piston kit?
(This increases the cc's, due to the 2mm oversized bore, and would give the saw more HP).
Is there any 'downside' to installing this???
-Please advise me!
-Thanks!
Irv Ambler - New Fairfield, CT

Your really not going to need much special other then a case splitter. There are other specialty tools that would make things fast but it can be done without. After you get it apart inspect the case jug and replace whats needed. Get a new gasket kit replace them all. If the jug is fine and I would prolly do P&C while its apart. Inspect the crank itself if its shows any sign of damage, play or resistance replace it. I have not done a husqy but I believe they are easier because you can heat the bearings as they are all metal unlike the stihl ones. But double check on that obviously... I myself do not big bore stuff I would not put that time and money in to a machine then toss inferior part on it.

Good luck

PS this should be in chainsaw forum.

Back