Husqvarna 372xp crankshaft seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlhead517

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna 372 XP that I am going to attempt to replace the crankshaft seals on both sides. Do I need any special tools to perform this repair. If somebody could tell me the part numbers for the tools I will need I would greatly appreciate it. I normally work and stihl chainsaws and never had to use a seal driver of any sort, I just used sockets.

hi there, I'll add to stihlhead517 above, as he has managed to tell you the actual drift tool needed if wanted.

the 372xp has a rubber O-ring that must be seated correctly before the sleeve goes on. Use a bit of flange sealeant on the inner side of the sleeve, just a little squirt and use a small scredriver to gently run the sealant around the sleeve,
The sealant you used will be on the outer facing side of the sleevel, so do not put the sleeve on with the sealant on the inside side where it buts up to the O-ring rubber seal. It should be on the part of the sleeve sticking out, NOT against the rubber O-ring side.
The sleeve has to but up against the seal.
The reason for using flange sealant on the sleeve is simple. It gives more hope of a seal against any air leaks. Also you turn the sleeve on, do not simply push it on.

I hope the pics help you see what is done and what is needed to help you in this.

how to install a crankshaft on husqvarna chainsaws.mp4_snapshot_09.52.761.jpghow to install a crankshaft on husqvarna chainsaws.mp4_snapshot_10.00.871.jpghow to install a crankshaft on husqvarna chainsaws.mp4_snapshot_10.18.181.jpghow to install a crankshaft on husqvarna chainsaws.mp4_snapshot_10.43.020.jpghow to install a crankshaft on husqvarna chainsaws.mp4_snapshot_11.37.587.jpghow to install a crankshaft on husqvarna chainsaws.mp4_snapshot_11.40.163.jpghow to install a crankshaft on husqvarna chainsaws.mp4_snapshot_11.58.493.jpg

These saws are one that can leak air past this O-ring, and chinese saws do not even have the rubber O-ring and people think it is the carb giving bother.
This side has to be air tight beyond what the actual casing seal does.

The actual crankshaft seal drift tools used you can use anything that will fit over the seal and flange, like a thick flat washer, then a socket to drift the seal in.
You are looking to drift the seal flsuh with the actual casing, nothing else, both sides.

ya on the flyweel side you will notice a taper usually painted and the top of the seal should be fush with the bottom of the taper and a 1/32 deeper won't hurt and clutch side absolutly flush with the casting like stated, for what their worth I usually have extra seals on hand in cas I screw up

Latest posts

Back