husqvarna 372xp vs 555 for bucking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axel-dns

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi!

excellent forum, an excellent forum users! I found a lot of useful information here.

I choose a saw. mostly it is used for bucking already exported wood from the forest. roughly firewood for the house.
diameter timber will not exceed 50 cm., or 20 inches. my wishes is cut speed. I want fast saw. Well, the weight should also be normal. having studied a lot of information has come to the conclusion that the 372 xp ideal weight for power. but they say it is still too heavy. then I bidder 555. All praise her. but I'm afraid of what she has auto tune. you do not want problems.

cutting speed 20 "in these saws will be about the same?
A 372 will still be faster in smaller wood.

We did several cuts with 550, 562, 10mm 044, and 2186. Then the 044 was run against a 372 the next day and the 372 was faster.

The larger the saw the quicker it cut, even in small wood under 10".

555 is a lighter, cheaper, more fuel efficient saw so it is still a great choice if you are cutting wood under 20" normally.

I found my bb 372 to be faster than my ported cs600p in any size wood, torquier as well. This is with 20" bars.

My results were different with my 562 and 372
562xp is no point taking. it's my opinion. she just a little bit more torque but it saws as well as 555 and is much more expensive.
I have a 372xp with a 24" bar and I have no trouble using it....its not that heavy.
Here I think. 372 bit heavier but more than 1 horsepower more powerful, and the price is almost the same as the 555 and even 372 without autotune. my fate will be decided tomorrow in general. the dealer will weigh the two saws and choose

372XP is a brilliant general purpose saw

Not too heavy for smaller wood, and enough grunt for sectioning (bucking) Australian hardwood trunks - very hard timber

But you'd have to query whether its cost (even in the US) was justified if only used on smaller wood, and not all that often

IMG_2973.JPG

we have trees mainly birch, alder. sometimes aspen, spruce
I forgot to write. if I take the 372 instead of 18, "I will put the 16" or even 15 "and this will reduce further its weight.

eventually I bought 372 really do not know, like it's no torq. which means 5.3 horsepower. and the weight of 6.1 kg. compared with 555 in the hands of the difference is not large in weight. dealer's argument was that the 555 a lot of problems. flying oil pump, crankshaft, and with the problem of auto tune. short take is standard with 18 "

Latest posts

Back