Husqvarna 372xp xtorq surges when idling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottfarm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After doing some hard cutting the saw will surge when idling(rpm going up and down). It still cuts and runs fine at speed. It only does it when the saw gets good and hot. Idles fine when doing light cutting. Should I enrich the high side or low?

Check your carb to make sure it doesn't need a new metering diaphragm or check valve. If the carb clears then it could be your bearing seal.
Thanks Jim, that does not sound good. It has done it ever since it was new. It's about a year and a half old.

Thanks Jim, that does not sound good. It has done it ever since it was new. It's about a year and a half old.
You're golden if it's a carb rebuild. That will be a simple procedure. If you have ever used 10% ethanol fuel, then this could be your problem.
Tune it and see how well it responds to tuning. If it acts funny at all trying to find that transition from lean to rich then that's another sign the carb needs attention.

I always use 93 ethanol free with Husqvarna oil. Just bought 41 gallons in Dothan Al for 2.89 a gallon. I have not put many hours on it since new. I just checked and I have 10 days warranty left. Will be taking it in tomorrow. I have a 181se I bought new in 87 and never a minutes trouble out of it. Still using it. Have a 55 and a 350 too. $800 saw --they better fix it. I've tried to tune the surge out of the saw to no avail. Had to depress a 3" piece of 1/4" tubing with a small screw driver inserted through the tube to tune. I like to run them a hair rich.

Latest posts

Back