• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 372xpg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesupra

Mainer
Reaction score
Practically brand new 372xpg. Less then a tank of ethanol free fuel was run through it. Looks just like new because it is. No longer need it. Like to get $800 shipped with option of a bar. I can get some pictures tomorrow if you want. It looks brand new and pretty much is but it has been started.

Practically brand new 372xpg. Less then a tank of ethanol free fuel was run through it. Looks just like new because it is. No longer need it. Like to get $800 shipped with option of a bar. I can get some pictures tomorrow if you want. It looks brand new and pretty much is but it has been started.
Is it the oe or XT.

Xt has great torque & doesn't need to be constantly "kept on the pipe" like the oe model
Having owned both I actually prefer the Xt model though it is heavier & not as nimble
Yes the xt is more forgiving in the cut, much more user friendly.
It also gets great fuel economy.
I like them also and I have various flavors of both, and plan on keeping it that way :).

XT was a stop gap measure when the 570/575/576 failed husky needed a saw to sell to loggers so they brought back the 372 with a top end that would pass EPA, the problem however is the crank is still the same and the XT piston weight is significantly more, causes the big end rod bearing to fail more often, not a big issue if the saw is kept stock, but swapping to unlimited coils and running 50:1 doesn't do them any favors.

XT was a stop gap measure when the 570/575/576 failed husky needed a saw to sell to loggers so they brought back the 372 with a top end that would pass EPA, the problem however is the crank is still the same and the XT piston weight is significantly more, causes the big end rod bearing to fail more often, not a big issue if the saw is kept stock, but swapping to unlimited coils and running 50:1 doesn't do them any favors.

Without getting into to many details about the 372 changes and 576 release I will say the 576 is a badass saw that walks circles around most everything in its class.

Without getting into to many details about the 372 changes and 576 release I will say the 576 is a badass saw that walks circles around most everything in its class.
I'll agree, and it's smooth as silk.
Pretty sure it came after the 372 xt also.
The 576 runs much like the 572, but doesn't handle quite as nicely because of the laid back cylinder in the 572. If you picked both up not running I doubt many would notice a difference, once started you can instantly feel the 572 is more responsive and much more flickable. For now the 576 I have will do fine though.

I also question the durability of the 572 in comparison to the 576. The 576 seems to be one of the most stout saws made. Similar to the 372 but even better in my experience. The laid back cylinder models are great but seem a little more disposable. The 550s/562are awesome and is by far one of my favorites but in no way shape of form will it out last a 346/357.

I also question the durability of the 572 in comparison to the 576. The 576 seems to be one of the most stout saws made. Similar to the 372 but even better in my experience. The laid back cylinder models are great but seem a little more disposable. The 550s/562are awesome and is by far one of my favorites but in no way shape of form will it out last a 346/357.
Your correct, still to be proven. I use the autotune/mtronic saws on jobs because they are very fuel efficient, they also have the captured nuts and the return to run feature on the master control, all these together mean more time spent cutting and less time per cut. I have standard carb saws as backups if I ever have a problem with the new tech, but I've not needed them yet. I still would rather run a 3 series saw than any other for firewood duties.

Latest posts

Back