Husqvarna 390xp, fuel net issues.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upnorth4

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to do some milling but spent most of the time dealing with my saw. The day started with me finding a small puddle of fuel under the saw in the garage..... I kinda figured that the pastic tank/handle assembly was cracked but really didnt want to deal with it, so I pushed on with my plans for the day (thinking that once I was set up and started the saw I might located the leak, after wiping of the tank and filling it didnt seam to leak).
Before strating it at the mill site there was still no evidence of the leak, the saw started after more than normal atempts..... but only ran for a short time. The second start was harder, and the saw quite after increasing power....
LONG story short, the saw ran fine after I came up with the theroy that the vent had frozen over, snow combined with the freeze thaw of storage/ use.
I milled abit with the cap slightly open and after the saw was nice and warm the issue when away. BTW the fuel leak i suspected must have come from the air not venting properly as the tank warmed in the garage.

Latest posts

Back