Husqvarna 394 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great saws, predecessor to the 395xp. They did have a few hot start issues with the solid plastic Intake. Tank vent issues like most saws from that era. Parts are pretty available and swapping over to a 395xp top end is very easy to do.
If it's in mint condition I'd expect close to $800.00. Even in poor shape I'd expect in the $300-400 rage. Parts saw is hit and miss for price.
I personally wouldn't let mine go for under $800.00 pho.

I ran against one at a GTG, both saws using 36" bars. He was running a 394 with a skip-tooth chain and I was running a stock Stihl 084. He nipped me twice at both ends of the log. Later I found out his 394 was muff modded and running on airplane fuel.

Unsupported saw.....get what you can get. Converting it to a "395" isn't really what collectors should do. But it's your saw.

To me, the Jonsered 2094 is more interesting.......close to the 394, but not the same.

Kevin
The 394 and 395 share something like 90% common parts, really its just the cylinder intake and a few other bits that are different.

Crankshaft is different also.
Right....if I was buying a 394 in today's market, I'd want a 394. The only reason to have an old 394 is if you're sentimental, a collector, it was given to you, or you got a swinging deal on it. Otherwise, just buy a 395 and quit converting all the available 394's.;)

I had a lot of interest in a 394 once.....even bought the hard copy SM. Chiefly, because it came out right after I quit loggin' and replaced the 2101xp. Ran more like the 2100/2101 than the 395 does.......so they tell me.

But as fortune would have it, I had access to a low-hr really nice 2094. In anything under 3ft, the 2094 walks away from my other saws(saw in sig avatar). In anything over 3ft the 2100 walks away from it. I did a long, two day comparison of the 2100 versus the 2094 in 100yr old large Maple. I'm pleased to have both models!

Kevin

Latest posts

Back