• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 394XP for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think

• Keep it though it's a bit much but learn how to run it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Part it out

• It makes a nice conversation piece or great paper weight =•)

• Total voters

Squirt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello I created this account just to see what I can get for a chainsaw I got at a garage sale. A few years ago I thought this would be a good old saw to fix up and keep as a fun project but the more I look at prices for parts I start to question my decision. I also looked at reviews and forums like this one and many talk about how this is a good size saw. I have very little chainsaw experience so hearing this is not really a beginner's saw but is very well built I thought I should ask what I should do. I have no idea if it runs due to it not having a magneto/coil. Should I fix it up and not worry and put like a smaller bar on or something (not very knowledgeable). Should I just sell it as is or fix up a little to get a little more money. I just dont know what would be best. I have some small engine experience so I could part it out if people would like. If it's better if I sell it what would be a fair price. I am on Tacoma World so I'm not totally new to forums but not an expert. Any help is greatly appreciated.20210824_183725.jpg20210824_183735.jpg20210824_183756.jpg20210824_183802.jpg20210824_183825.jpg20210824_183829.jpg20210824_183647.jpg20210824_183701.jpg20210824_183708.jpg

Attachments

• 20210824_183652.jpg
    20210824_183652.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 27
You know what you paid for it, if you want to sell it add on a little,
that's it. No one will take a chance on paying big money for a saw
that does not run, its only a parts saw, and even some of them are missing.

If it was a runner, whole different story, they are a powerful saw
definately not for the inexperienced.

What would be a good number. I read on one website that they came factory with around 170. Does that sound about right. What kind of compression would be considered bad? Thanks for the quick response!
If it has good compression, I would find a coil and clutch cover and let it sing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

150 psi and up would be “good” to me. 120-150psi would be “ok” and below 120psi needs some love.

150 psi and up would be “good” to me. 120-150psi would be “ok” and below 120psi needs some love.

So if it has good compression and I get it running what would be a fair price so I'm not giving away but not asking too much.

I feel like a complete running 394xp in good shape should sell for $500+.

Would that be a ready to cut saw or just a basic running saw. Sorry I'm asking tons of questions but thanks for all the information.

24 inch bar on a saw that size is the least amount of bar I would use , it is a balance thing. The 395xp is large bodied saw for cutting big wood most wear a 36".
Just like not putting skinny little tires on the back of a Corvette. You could do that but your not using it for the intended purpose.

Agree with others. If it’s got good compression it’s definitely worth getting running since everything else can usually be fixed pretty easily / in expensively.

If you are going to keep for your own use you could buy aftermarket parts that need replacement but if fixing for resale, stick with OEM. eBay is good place to find parts.

I also think $500-600 is fair price for it in running condition.

As is probably $2-400.

I recommend you get it running so you can test in some wood! These big pro saws are a blast to run and if have never ran one it’s a real eye opening experience! . . . Running a 661 is what got me started into collecting saws.

So I've decided I'm going to just sell it. I was trying to do a compression test and snapped my pull start cord which made me realize that this might not be a project I want to continue. It was reading 125 to 130 when it snapped but was still climbing a little. What would be a good offer. I'm 100% open to offers. Thank you all for the help.

Latest posts

Back